“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Sayreville, New Jersey, United States
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I don't say this often, but I had an amazing experience during my stay. The facilities were top notch, it was very hygienic and up to date. The staff was extremely friendly and personable. They went out their way to make sure I had everything during my stay. Overall the place is very affordable and the service offered put many expensive hotels to shame. Usually in my experience either the hotel facilities aren't good enough or the staff is not very amicable, but this is one the rare places with great facilities and a customer friendly staff. Moreover, the breakfast food is delicious, the beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are well stocked and clean. The staff was also very knowledgeable and helpful as far as local attractions and things to do were concerned. I would definitely stay here again and would also recommend anyone who needs accommodation in the vicinity.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Natasha P
swati b, Operations Manager at Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
I would like to take this time to Thank you for writing such a nice review. We here at the Ambassador Inn & Suites try our best to please and make our guest happy. We are worknig on some remodeling and do hope you do come during and after the remodeling is done to see the changes we have made. Our goal is to make this hotel a warm friendly family feeling hotel for all to come and enjoy. Thank you Karen Bernier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Staff is very friendly and helpful.Rooms are a good size and everything was well maintained. They are also pet friendly which is a huge plus. Very affordable as well. I would recommend this for anybody staying in the area whether it be business or personal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
swati b, Manager at Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
I just wanted to the time to thank you for your review,as you know the hotel is under going alot of remodeling. We are pleased to here that your stay here was wonderful. And we look forward to your next visit and making it as comfortable as this one.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Perfect and affordable! I've driven and flown across the U.S., along the Eastern Seaboard and Pacific Coast many times for thirty years and stayed at countless hotels, motels, lodges, and inns. This is,overall,the best. They're just off 64 and located across the street from several restaurants. Under brand new management and you can already seem them busy with upgrades. The room was clean and comfortable. I brought my two LARGE dogs since they have the lowest pet price I've seen at any hotel/motel. Customer service there was excellent, maybe the best I've ever experienced! Karen, the manager, was efficient, friendly, and professional. While eating the simple but filling continental breakfast, I witnessed her diffuse several delicate situations and calm difficult guests. I checked in for my 4 night stay at 2am on Friday morning, the front desk attendant, Gayla, had a smile on her face and kindness in her voice. That went a very long way with me after my 10 hour rain-filled drive there. Housekeeping and Maintenance was polite and and thorough. Upon checkout I had the opportunity to meet the manager, who is friendly and genuine. I recognized him as the man I'd seen picking up litter around the property. I will, without a doubt, ALWAYS stay at this Ambassador whenever in Hampton Roads.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review,our staff is extremely grateful. Its always a pleasure to here when guest are pleased.The staff works very hard to meet all guest needs. We are under going remodeling and do hope you come to vist when it is completed to see the up grades done. Let us know upon checking in on your next visit so i may personally thank you. Once again thank you so much. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have been staying here for yrs.I was seeking other options when i come into town on business because the Laquinta was going down hill. My last visit was recently and new ownership has taken over.Lets just say i will be staying right here,the rooms are so much cleaner,smell alot better as well.And the new manager Karen is out of this world you always here they broke the mold when they made you.Well in this case its The truth,I do alot of traveling and i have never met a manager that does what she does,from checking in to fixing a running toilet. She is very concerned about her guest and there needs,takes time to stop and check in on you,tell you a few jokes has you laughing the entire stay eveytime you see you. Karen you are the best . see you next wk. And ramon who i have know since ive been coming here is still doing a great job.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
swati b, Manager at Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
I just want to take the time to tell you,that we appericate you giving us the opportunity to take care of all your needs during your stay.And to thank you for the taking the time to do write a review.As you know we are making changes to the hotel to meet our guest needs. And your input is deeply appericated now and in the furture. Thank you once again
georgia
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Day time front desk was so friendly and helpful,the gentleman, n the lady i believe is the manager work well together and have you laughing the entire time you are checking. It was just me and my husband manager gave us a free upgrade to suite. it was very nice of her to do and the suite was so big clean and beautiful. very peaceful considering there was a concert in town but the location we where located at in the hotel there where no concert people in that area. thank you for that

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time for the wonderful review. We look forward to meeting all your needs in the future. Im glad that you found eveything to your liking and with the up coming remodeling it will leave with warm fuzzy thoughts .Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Everyone was very nice here especially Ramon. He was very helpful and professional. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. You get a nice sized room for a good price. The hotel is being renovated so it will be like new when visit again. The location is great, close to everything.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you so much for your review,its nice to know that our staff here makes you and all guest comfortable. Ramon is a big asset to our hotel . We look forward to meeting all your neds in the furture. Thank you so much for your valued opinon.
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I left one hotel thinking this would be better. Weeeeell, as far as the cleanliness goes, it was better. I mean I still saw hair on the floors and in the tub. Sink smelled mildewy. Bed was clean but I felt like something kept munching on my ankles. Not kidding! I was sleeping on friday afternoon only to be awaken by balcony noise. I called the front dest and the only thing the woman said was, there's people checking in so there's going to be noise. I said, really? Folks can just hang out on the balcony? She said, yeeees I can tell them to quite down a bit. They were actually drinking too. I didn't tell her that. but if you want quite, this ISN'T THE PLACE. IF YOU WANT HOSPITALITY, THIS ISN'T THE PLACE. IF YOU WANT TO BE A VALUED CUSTOMER, THEN THIS ISN'T THE PLACE. I LOOKED ELSEWHERE! MICROTEL IS A WONDERFUL COZY PLACE W/BREAKFAST. COFFEE ANYTIME AND JUICES ANYTIME. AMBASSADOR INN NEEDS A PROFESSIONAL STAFF. CLEANING PEOPLE ARE VERY NICE THOUGH. THEY SAY THEY'RE RENOVATING. THEY NEED TO RENOVATE THE STAFF AT FRONT DESK!

Room Tip: If you want to work on important stuff and/or just want to sleep...go somewhere else.