“Great fun for the whole family”

Virginia Air & Space Center
Ranked #2 of 30 things to do in Hampton
More attraction details
Owner description: Aerospace museum that holds more than 100 exhibits, including the Apollo 12 command module and several IMAX films.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great fun for the whole family”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Went here with my wife and two daughters. They all had a blast doing the flight simulators and watching the 4D Imax movie. We took a ton of pictures of all of the cool exhibits. Really liked all of the space exhibits and the ability to touch all of the planes. I would recommend this to any families in the areas.

Visited October 2013

Suffolk, Virginia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Educational Fun”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a fun venue for the family or air and space enthusiast. The last few times we have gone there have been a lot of exhibits that have not been in working order which has been disappointing. As locals we frequent this exhibit a lot and have since childhood. My husband and I are 33 & 34. It would be nice to see some new changes to the facility as there have been very few over the years. This is a so so place for kid's birthday parties - We had my son's 8th birthday party here in July 2013 and the planning and scheduling of the event was a nightmare. The party itself was a blast minus the staff eating our food while we were touring the museum, We were told to store the food in a certain frig/area while we did the museum tour/events. The only thing management did for us was say sorry and they would talk to the staff to prevent future actions like this. Nevermind the $30+ worth of food they ate and the $80+ of food we had to throw out not knowing who had touched it or what they had touched. My suggestion if you have a party here because they are fun do not leave your food in the museum take it out to your car or bring just enough for the party or none at all. I also suggest you start planning the party with the party planner months in advance because if it was like my experience you may have a lot of back and forth and do it by email only so you have it in writing aka documentation because they tried to change pricing etc on me as well. Don't get me wrong this place is a fun place just few kinks when it comes to events

Visited October 2013
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
198 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 324 helpful votes
“A must do”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent, good value visit. Lots to see, so plan on a long time. Did the IMAX showing Hubble programme - wonderful

Visited September 2013
Richmond, Virginia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Journey to the Stars”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was our first time there. We couldn't believe how many exhibits this place had. It was very interesting and you learn a lot. Plus, there were many interactive exhibits, which was so much fun. You actually begin to learn how to fly a plane. Fantastic! If you go there, you won't be disappointed.

Visited September 2013
Morehead City, Nc
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed visiting this museum while in Hampton, Va. It is very informative and has great hands on displays. We thought of how much our grandchildren would have enjoyed it had they been with us. Our 7 year old grandson had recently visited the National Air and Space Museum and loved it, but the place was so big, it was almost overwhelming. The Virginia Air and Space Museum is not so much that way. We witnessed children having a great time there and would recommend it to families. It's a great place for anyone. There is a discount price, if you want to visit the museum plus the Imax showings, but we chose to only visit the museum.

Visited August 2013