“Small but worth a trip.”

Virginia Air & Space Center
Ranked #2 of 30 things to do in Hampton
More attraction details
Owner description: Aerospace museum that holds more than 100 exhibits, including the Apollo 12 command module and several IMAX films.
San Diego, California
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Small but worth a trip.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My in-laws were recently visiting so my one year old and I went with them to see the Virginia Air & Space Center. It was on a weekday, during work hours so the museum was pretty empty, which was nice. It has three levels - the third leading to an observation deck outside so that you can see the water and part of Hampton. It was a very beautiful, sunny day.

Although the center does have three levels, it is quite small but certainly worth a trip. We had a great time looking at all of the airplanes and NASA exhibits. My toddler really enjoyed checking out the big airplane inside and we all enjoyed the interactive exhibits in the space area.

The gift store was neat. Since my oldest child was in school and didn't get to go, I picked up some "NASA food" that the astronauts eat from the store. He loved it!

I do wish that the baby/toddler play area had more in it.

New Jersey
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“LOTS to see in a small space!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This small (compared to the Smithsonian) museum has LOTS of great stuff to see and try. We had a guided tour--and didn't have enough time to do all the things we would have liked. I highly recommend this place--allow a couple of hours if you are interested in aviation and its history!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Worthe the visit once”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is worth the visit once, after that I think it would become a little boring. That is just my opinion though.

Visited August 2012
Ashland, Nebraska, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun for even the non-aviation fans”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My husband and brother are aviation nuts. They loved this attraction,l but my sister-in-law and I found it very interesting too and their toddler loved the big planes. Lots of interactive displays and lots of room for little ones to stretch their legs.

Ocean City, Maryland
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“yes will return”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Been here went to the IMAx theatre lot's of fun and a lot to do. Been through the display and seen all the neat attractions and games

Visited May 2012