“Seafood shack without the water”
Review of Lowry's Crab Shack

Lowry's Crab Shack
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great food. Fresh seafood. Amazing find so far from the water. This is the type of place you expect to find near the beach. The place with great food and out door dining. Much what you would expect to find in a beach town.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We visited Lowry's for a early diner on a Saturday evening. Between the six of us we ordered steamed plain peeled shimp- big and delicious
steamed light spiced shrimp- still a little too much hot pepper for our taste
Fred shrimp- fantastic, very lighly breaded, big shrimp. This was one of the table favorites
fried fish- decent
fried chicken- very good, order it as soon as you walk in the door because it takes a while to cook
Crab dip appetizer with crab chips- way too salty and the dip was burned/melted into the bottom of the plastic serving cup, yuck :(
For sides everyone enjoyed the fries, the tossed salad was ok but fresh, corn fritters had great taste but were mushy in the middle, mashed potatoes were ok. All in all we really enjoyed the
meal. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I moved to P-ville in July 2012 and have since tried Lowry's 3 or 4 times. I personally find their seafood to be really top notch, with the Fried Shrimp being my personal favorite. Every person I've taken there seems to all think it is a gem of a resturant in Hamilton (of all places).

If I had any criticisms (or recommendations for improvement):
• They have ketchup tubes of cocktail sauce on each table, which is convenient. The sauce is not very good and the consistency is worse. I now bring a bottle of my own cocktail sauce.
• If you ask for lemons they will give you the thinnest slivers of lemon that wouldn't even work for iced tea. Going to start bringing my own lemons
• Their hush-puppies are billed as being spoon-dropped, but they are obviously frozen, made elsewhere, and not good at all. The only side dish I've found that was good were waffle fries and cole slaw.

Bottom line: seafood here is very, very fresh and expertly prepared. It is a hidden gem of a restaurant if you live nearby. I personally love going there despite their minor eccentricities (LOL, I'm the one bringing coctail sauce and lemons and I'm calling them eccentric).

1  Thank BoxCarWillie4
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We love this place. We have been to Lowrys probably over 50 times since they opened. Even though there is no other place around that does what they do it is still a good experience with good food. Every year they have been open they have improved the menu and service.Plus it is locally owned and operated. What could be better.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My rating is actually a 2.5. We have been to Lowry's quite a few times over the years but I would have to say that the quality and value of the seafood has been steadily on the decline. The crab was way over-priced for what we got. My daughter and I split a crab dinner for two and my husband order the soft-shelled crab. $100 was too steep for dinner for three (no appetizers, alcoholic beverages or dessert). We left feeling content but not full.

1  Thank christine q