Review of The Boycott Arms

The Boycott Arms
Ranked #2 of 5 Restaurants in Claverley
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Boycott Arms is a venue that has the benefit of support from Marstons whilst still being independently operated to provide a bespoke menu and service. A traditional 300 year old Inn with oodles of history and character. Rural location but close enough for a quick drive out in to the country. Ideal for meetings, family get togethers or just a romantic meal for two. We take pride in offering quality food and drink in quality surroundings. We welcome all types of feedback and if you would like the chance to talk to the owners, we are always happy to help.
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

We visited this pub for my daughters birthday meal. All three meals went back virtually untouched. We were not asked to pay for them but that's not really the point. The specials were all off the menu, lasagne wasn't ready to be served it was still cooking so we chose other dishes from the menu. Really disappointing.

1  Thank Joanne W

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a saturday night and it was packed but service quick. Brilliant greeting off a very young restaurant manager who was at first a little shy but very accommodating. We had 2 steaks cooked well a delicious stilton and mushroom sauce and a chilli and garlic which certainly hit the spot yet all for only £27.25 Choice of ales and wines make this a must for the future even if your only out for a drink. Overall a brilliant night with great food and drink and personally I couldn't score them high enough and I Can't wait to return and will be using this in future.

1  Thank daryl2
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Although I live 100 miles away I used to dine here every Saturday from 1990 to about 2003. I haven't been for a long time and decided to give it a try last week. I was concerned because I booked to go on a Saturday evening and managed to get a table. In the old days you had to book a week ahead to get a table and the place was always heaving with people.
This time it was quiet. I found out that the ownership has changed and it has just reopened after being refurbished. The menu has changed little and if you like steaks you won't be disappointed.
The meal we had was excellently cooked and presented and the ale was first class.
The young lady serving couldn't have been more helpful although , having just started to work there, her knowledge of the beers available and some of the dishes, was a bit wayward. However this did not detract from a great evening at an old stamping ground. As General MacArthur once said " I shall return!
The only thing that disappointed me was the external appearance of the building. It has been repainted which is fine but in the old days it was a mass of flower boxes and hanging baskets that gave it a wonderful welcoming appearance during the summer months

2  Thank Keith F
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Although the welcome was very friendly the pub was like a doctors waiting room - far too quiet. We asked a waitress what Mediterranean chicken and I chose that based on her description. When it came it was nothing like she had described. Simply chicken topped with chopped tin tomatoes-very little flavour. My partner had the chilli and although it had a nice taste was quite oily. Sorry but we wont be returning. There are far better eating places in the local vicinity.

4  Thank TinaWestMids
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Visited 31/5 by accident on a visit to the area with my partner on first impressions the pub looks really pretty and well decorated the staff were warm and welcoming and the landlady a good laugh!!
Food was pleasant served on a hot plate which you don't always get!
Great range of drinks
Will definitely visit when in the neck of the woods again!!
We'll done the boycott arms!