“Friendly staff, very accommodating, clean”
Review of Comfort Inn Grundy

Comfort Inn Grundy
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grundy
Alexandria
“Friendly staff, very accommodating, clean”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Upon arrival, the front desk person, Courtney was so welcoming and accommodating. We had been riding our motorcycle all day in the mountains and was exhausted. She was very efficient and followed up with us a half an hour later to make sure everything was satisfactory. The next morning at breakfast, Lora was very concerned that our meal was perfect. Kudos to those ladies!! Definitely would recommend Comfort Inn in Grundy, VA,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rstubbs12
gmva079, General Manager at Comfort Inn Grundy, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our staff and our clean rooms . We take pride in our work and we truly love our guest. The next time you take a road trip stop by your bed is waiting and we love to see our guest again.

Sincerely
Rosemary Carter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a good, basic hotel and as far as I could see the only decent choice in Grundy. Thus, my "very good" rating is relative to the area. I stayed for one night as a solo traveler. My room was spacious and clean; the bed was comfortable. Staff was friendly and the complimentary breakfast was better than I expected. I do feel it is expensive for what it is, but again there isn't much competition in the area. I would stay here if I ever found myself in Grundy again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank morof3
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were very surprised to find this in Grundy! We planned on pushing through to Pikeville, KY - but saw the Comfort Inn sign. Glad we stopped. It almost seems out of place! Very clean - and the staff is wonderful!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Todd B
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Grundy, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thanks for stopping in as you passed through Grundy. We are proud to be a part of the town and like to think we are the ambassador for our local community. I am pleased you found your room to be clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed the southern hospitality of the staff.
I hope should you pass through in the future, you will again allow us to serve your lodging needs.
Marshall, North Carolina
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I spent many nights over the course of many weeks this past winter at the Grundy Comfort Inn. Its hard being away from home in motels constantly but I felt very comfortable here unlike most places I end up staying in. I think I owe that to the staff who was very kind. Sorry I never played my banjo in the lobby as promised. Maybe next time!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side have a cool view of the mountain
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KingOfInfiniteSpace
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Grundy, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thanks for your kind words. I will pass them along to the staff. I am pleased we were able to make you feel at home while in the big city of Grundy!
We look forward to your return visit and will patiently wait for the banjo concert.
Charleston
Reviewed May 7, 2013

When coming to Grundy, there isn't much to choose from when it comes to hotels and you had better book it early because this one fills up fast. Overall, it was a nice place to stay. No frills, but it was clean and seemed to be fairly updated. There are plenty of places to eat around and even a movie theater if you have the time. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan C
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Grundy, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Jonathan,
Thanks for staying with us and sharing your comments.
You are correct when you say there aren't many choices for lodging, but even though we are almost the only game in town, we still pride ourselves on maintaining a super clean facility and a friendly and helpful staff.
I look forward to you staying with us in the future.
Virginia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

The entire staff - front desk, housekeeping, and breakfast area - is friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable. No problems with anything in the room, which had a small refrigerator and microwave (although not all rooms have these amenities). Grundy is a little off the beaten path for most travelers, but if your plans bring you to the area, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ffffjjjj
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Grundy, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thanks for sharing your comments. We appreciate the kind words and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful.
We look forward to your return visit.
Draper, Virginia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We enjoyed our overnight stay at this property. The staff was very friendly, the beds very comfortable, the bathroom was very nice and clean and well stocked. The cute little mini rubber duckie on the tub was probably more inviting to families with children than us although my spouse found great pleasure in tossing it at me on occasion. Overall the room and hotel were quite clean and well maintained, although the hot and cold on the bathroom faucet were backwards and the shower curtain rod needed tightening. The only thing we found a little to our distaste was that our room was right next to the elevator which added some disconcerting noise everytime it was used. The breakfast provided was adequate, but wish they'd had a better selection of healthy cold cereals, like some raisin bran or such. Enjoyed the complimentary local newspaper.

Room Tip: Don't get a room beside the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank emptynester40
garyDLIvp, VP of Operations at Comfort Inn Grundy, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I am pleased you found all aspects of your room to be enjoyable except for the closeness to the elevator. I will make sure maintenance changes the hot and cold water supply lines so they are correct.
Please tell your husband that isn't exactly the intent of the rubber duckie. Although I do hope you threw it back at him.
We hope you will visit us again when traveling to the Grundy area.
Dominion Lodging, Inc.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grundy
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Clintwood
Super 8 Richlands/Claypool Hill Area
Holiday Inn Express Claypool Hill

Been to Comfort Inn Grundy? Share your experiences!