Camber Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Gretna Motel(Gretna)
Lake Inn(Hardy)
View Hotel
All reviewshampton innnascar race in martinsvillenight's sleeprooms were very cleanstay there againcontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Most Hampton Inns are really wonderful. We only stayed for one night, so I did not use amenities such as the pool or fitness center. We stayed in this hotel to attend an event at Smith Mountain Lake which is about 45 minutes from the hotel.

This Hampton Inn is extremely clean, looks brand new, no signs of wear or aging, and the rooms are in very good condition and smell and look new as well. We had a King size bed, with a nice television, desk area, great working climate control system, and a nice size bathroom.

I do find it odd that the hotel advertises so much that they have clean sheets and duvets for each new guest. I do know that a lot of hotels do NOT wash the duvets after each guest, so that is good news that Hampton Inn is doing that; however, sheets......everyone should be doing that no matter what. Either way, the advertising in the elevator on that subject was fine; however, the post it note stuck to the bed frame might have gone one step too far..hahaha.

The breakfast in the morning was convenient, nice, and great tasting. It had options for everyone, and was great for a free breakfast.

The only complaint I had was that the person who checked us in was really not pleasant at all. She acted as if she did not want to be working and did not provide a smile and spoke in a irritated monotone voice. I know we all have bad days; however, I just hope she is not like that all of the time, as that is not a good introduction to this Hampton Inn.

Overall, I would most definitely stay again, if I needed to be in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
chelseym10, Director of Sales at Camber Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was delighted to read from your review that you were satisfied with our clean rooms as well as our breakfast being good. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming and comfortable stay with us and I can assure you that all problem areas have been addressed and taken care of. We hope to see you back staying with in the future!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Good place to visit and enjoy Smith Mountain lake and mountains area. We enjoyed the location since this facility is located near my Brother-in-laws residence , which is Pitsville, Va. Therefore we can visit them and spend some quality time togather. The wife and I usually visit this area tow or three times annually. There are several attractions one can visit from this location.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
chelseym10, Director of Sales at Camber Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for spending time with us at the Hampton Inn. Your kindness on your TripAdvisor review is greatly appreciated. We hope to see you in the future and let us know if there is anything we can do to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I can't effectively rate the check out process, as my husband handled it while I was in the car. This was a quick overnight stay, so we weren't at the hotel longer than to get ready for a wedding and then came back to sleep. We didn't have the opportunity to take advantage of any amenities, but the bathroom was the loveliest I've seen in any hotel. I was impressed that the the room did not have a stale odor, and I would definitely stay there again if I was in the area. I hope that all Hampton Inns are of this quality, because I will look for a Hampton the next time I'm in need of a hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
chelseym10, Director of Sales at Camber Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I was delighted to read from your review that you were satisfied with our clean rooms and our bathroom set up. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming and comfortable stay with us.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I'm not sure what all the glowing reviews for this place are about. It's just a regular Hampton Inn and definitely nothing spectacular. I guess I'm supposed to be grateful this place exists though, as there are no other choices in the area. TWO ISSUES to be aware of if you stay here: One, the sheets and pillow cases are HIDEOUS. Seriously, they are the MOST uncomfortable, cheap, scratchy bed linens I have ever encountered in any hotel. Sleeping on sandpaper would have been more comfortable. Two, this Hampton Inn's idea of meat at breakfast is bits of sausage (and very few bits at that) mixed in with what looks like dog puke (and this "dog puke" verbiage is a direct quote from the front desk agent to whom I complained!! She said "yeah, I don't like it either...it looks like dog puke."). I suppose the "dog puke" is some kind of gravy, but it was well and truly gross. I asked why they didn't offer sausage or bacon, and was told that if there are more than 50 guests, then they don't serve true breakfast meat. What a cheap and tacky place!! This, combined with the obvious low quality of the bed linens, tells me that this particular Hampton Inn would rather line the pockets of the franchise owner than to actually do the right thing by their guests. I won't be back and I suggest other travelers avoid it too.

1  Thank S A
chelseym10, Director of Sales at Camber Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and at breakfast however, most of our amenities are brand standard and per Hilton have certain guidelines that we must follow. Again, we apologize and if you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

doors make noise all night a vacuum cause door to hit door frame and make terrible banging sounds the room in and of itself was very clean and people very friendly would stay again if fix door sounds ALL NIGHT

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and we will work with our maintenance team to ensure that we make the necessary improvements. Again, we apologize and if you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.