“Easy to get to. Just off the highway. Very Nice rooms, and an excellent breakfast.”
Review of Camber Inn

Camber Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Gretna
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed March 22, 2013

One of the best Hampton Inns I have stayed in. Clean room. I was there for an agility trial with my dog. The dogwalk area was large and clean. Very close to a grocery store and restaurants. It was very quiet and relaxing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
janw43, Front Office Manager at Camber Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review for our property. As a valued customer, we appreciate your response. We strive to make sure that you and your pets only recieve the best not only while you are here, but before your stay and after as well. Our location makes for a quiet stay and we are so glad that you enjoyed it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The room was clean, but the sink in the bathroom, which was inside a console table on very high legs, was way too high for me to reach. I had to stand on my tiptoes to brush my teeth...I am only about 5'4". Also, the day I was to check out, I unrolled a clean towel in the bathroom (never had touched it before) to find a clump of someone else's hair in it. I took it downstairs in a towel to show the desk clerk when I checked out and they said they'd tell the manager about it. He was going to throw it in the garbage, and I said, "Why not get a baggie and put it in there so the manager can actually SEE it?". They looked at each other and she said "Put it in an envelope", so they did that and then labelled the envelope.

While this might have been an isolated occurrence, I have stayed in MANY hotels over the years and have never ONCE had anything like this happen to me before. I would not recommend staying here and never plan to return to this property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
chelseym10, Director of Sales at Camber Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Janice T,

We appreciate your review for our hotel. Guest satisfaction is our top priority here at our location and we are truly sorry for any inconveniences that occured during your stay. Your are absolutely correct, things like this should not happen and the situation was addressed in all departed that this was linked to. Once again we are truly sorry for what happened during your stay, but as said before we do our best and we hope if you're ever back in our area, you'll give us the chance to show you what our hotel really can be.
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is nice and the staff is very friendly. We arrived late at night and to no fault of the front desk staff we had a bit of a wait as the area had experienced an ice storm and an electrical crew was checking in late ahead of us. So kudos for this and handling so many so efficiently.

The maids service doesn't cut it when the room is noticeably dusty and the bathroom fixtures are not clean. The beds were awful to sleep on and even with the room temperature set to 60 degrees the room was hot most of the night (2nd floor). The business center computer lacked attention and was out-of-service especially when I needed it. So I resorted to my iPhone WiFi and the hotel WiFi was up and down several times. This tells me either they are cheap or using unqualified people to support what little IT infrastructure they have-- router, bandwidth, access point(s), computer and printer in business center.

The rate per night just too high to warrant staying again --- our business was at Smith Mountain Lake and I decided to be a "loyal customer" and stay further away. My mistake won't be repeated.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Big D
chelseym10, Director of Sales at Camber Inn, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review for our property. As a valued customer, we appreciate your response. I apologize that your stay wasn't as you expected. We strive to make sure our hotel is clean and ready for your stay and if your room was not up to standards, as said before, we do apologize deeply. We have brand standards that require us to use certain bedding, internet, etc as well as what our rates are, however we are sorry if any of this was of inconvenience to you. Thank you for the compliment that was paid to our front desk staff. They are a hard working crew and their only concern is making guest happy!
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My experience with this hotel was very positive. The room amd public areas are attractive and comfortable. I found the front desk staff to be extremely accommodating. I was staying in Gretna the night before my mother's funeral the following day in Chatham. I requested a late check-out because the service did not start until 2:00 pm and I needed a place to meet arriving family beforehand. My request was graciously granted.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We are glad that we were able to assist you with your needs as you needed a late check out. After all, your comfort and happiness is our main concern!
Spotsylvania, Virginia, United States
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel more than 15 times in the last 3 years. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. The beds sleep well!

The family always enjoys our stay. The hotel is quiet and the staff is very attentive to requests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! At our property, we strive to make sure that you only recieve the best not only while you are here, but before your stay and after as well. Our location makes for a quiet stay and we are so glad that you enjoyed it!
camden, maine
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Terrific facility with great staff makes for an enjoyable family visit. Not enough room at the in-laws
But it all works out at this Hampton Inn. Nothing fancy, just clean rooms and decent breakfast.
Work out room was nice. Overall, it's a home run.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were visiting Liberty University and needed a pet friendly hotel. Location is about 20-25 minutes from the campus but it is right off the interstate and very very quiet. I had to leave my pup in the room and felt comfortable doing so. As usual, nice and clean, comfy, and safe. Plus no pet fee! We would recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank gamacintosh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gretna
Days Inn Alta Vista
#8 of 11 in Danville
Gretna Motel
Gretna Motel
#2 of 2 in Gretna

Been to Camber Inn? Share your experiences!