“We will be back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenville
Bed and Breakfast at Penmerryl Farm
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our stay Penmerryl Farm was short but wonderful! My family stayed for one night in a 3 bedroom cabin. It was perfect for our family of 6, with two of the bedrooms having twin beds and the master having a queen. It had 1.5 baths, with a kitchen, dining area and living room. I wish we could have stayed and enjoyed all the amenities offered (my boys did manage to use the game room and played a few games of pool! This place would be perfect for a week long vacation! We had a delicious breakfast made by Deannie (the owner) and managed to have some great conversation with while we were there. We could not have asked for a better place or a more hospitable host and will surely be back in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank landlocked1960

Reviewed October 20, 2012

What a truly amazing place to stay. A friend and myself visited in early October for just 1 night. We had no real expectations, just looking for a safe and clean place to stay, but this was much more than that.

The place is ideal for those traveling with horses, BUT I think it's great for anybody who just wants a safe place to stay in a beautiful setting. In addition to the room you have access to the rec. room which has a TV, some basic games and is a great place to unwind with beer/wine or just kick back in general (prob great for kids!!!). Then the kitchen is available to make yourself a meal (I had some canned soup as it was a little late when we got in and we wanted a nap more than a fancy meal.

In the morning Deanie made us an AWESOME BREAKFAST and as it was just us took time to chat which we enjoyed as much as the breakfast.

After breakfast we went down to the lake and then visited with some horses in the stable (note these were people staying there-not horses owned by the farm). This really finished off our stay wonderfully but for those reading this, if your schedule allows I would try to spend a few days here and explore the region using the farm as your base. There are a lot of great places within an hour or so. You will not regret staying here, I promise you that!!!

Room Tip: Bring swimsuit-they have an indoor jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank troy mcclure
Reviewed July 14, 2012

My new husband and I stayed here in Sept. 2011 for a few days before a larger family trip, which turned out to be just what we needed. The Bed and Breakfast is set way back off the beaten path in the Blue Ridge. The setting is beautiful and OH SO relaxing. The motel style rooms are basic, but certainly comfortable, and cabins are cozy and complete. The extensive amenities available include: gazebos with a grill, pool, hot tub, fire pit, tv room with games, laundry, two lakes, fishing, canoes, tennis courts, and trails upon trails through hills, fields and pastures. Of course there is also breakfast (included with the motel-type rooms or an additional fee in the cabins) every morning. The breakfasts served up by Deannie are delicious, plentiful, and have options for everyone. The hosts are attentive and informative, and open their family farm to guests (of the human, equine and canine variety) who they invite to become friends. My husband and I spent the most relaxing time of our "honeymoon" here with Tigger, our dog, Deannie, her family and her canine companions. While Penmerryl Farm is delightful,

The Bed & Breakfast at Penmerryl Farm is not deluxe accommodations, but the amenities and scenery are perfect for those who like a more laid back atmosphere. (No room service or fitness center, but there are ample opportunities for exercise.) This is a place to go when you want to either have some relaxing country time or to have a gathering with lots of people who will all stay there and have a fabulous time. While this place was delightful for our romantic weekend, this location would be great for those looking for a less expensive family vacation (stay in a cabin) than the shore or at a "ranch," especially if you want to bring the family dog. This is the perfect place to go if you want to get away and bring your own horse to do some ridding. I can certainly see having a group retreat or a small reunion or wedding at this location. The prices are certainly very reasonable for everything that is included and available. We WILL be going back as soon as we can and I have recommended this place to several friends.

Room Tip: You can bring some of your own food and have a bar-b-q on the grill out by the pool and make some s...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank megev
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I think this is the sixth year my husband and I have stayed with the Pittkins. Clearly, we love it as do the horses. We are a large group who go here every year for the facilities and the teaching and cannot find fault with either. Ken and Deanie are lovely hosts with everything one could want including brilliant breakfasts. Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Bring your horse, he'll love it. Great ride outs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Betsy B
Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We had conference there from rooms to food it was amazing ! They work hard to make your stay amazing

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Sbahevr
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Great place for a layover with horses or to just spend some time. Lovely facilities and hosts. Wonderful breakfast!

Room Tip: The cabins were gorgeous and comfortable. Great for a large group.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ShoreRiders

Been to Bed and Breakfast at Penmerryl Farm? Share your experiences!