Review Highlights
NOISY NEIGHBORS!

Been to several state parks and this one was by far the noisiest. Upon our arrival/check in on... read more

Reviewed July 19, 2018
Kathy C
1 night stay

Stayed only one night due to tight schedule. Nice level lots with electric and water hook-ups. Has... read more

Reviewed July 10, 2018
Charles K
Franklin, Virginia

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 16, 2017

My sister and I , and another friend, attended Women's Wellness Weekend at this park. Our cabin (number 6) was very cold when we checked in, but quickly warmed up after we turned on the heat. We were comfortable. The towels were thick and plentiful, and the sheets were very smooth, with a high thread count. The blanket was a thermal lightweight blanket, so I added another one from another bed. Our cabin and the area was so quiet that you could have heard a pin drop. The shower was large & the water was good and hot with great pressure. The kitchen was nice, and we used the refrigerator, freezer & microwave. The beds were super comfortable. We ventured into Farmville the first night, where we ate dinner at Macado's. It was delicious. The second day, we returned to farmville, and had soup and dessert at Charley's. The desserts were amazing. My sister had chocolate swirl cheesecake and I had vanilla bean ice cream with caramel sauce and sugared, toasted pecans. I thought I had died and gone to Heaven. Twin Lakes was very relaxing, and only 45 miles from home.

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Cathy K
Reviewed August 21, 2017

We went to the park to watch the eclipse. Gate attendant gave us free eclipse glasses, gave us tips on where to park and watch... park staff had a setup for kids who were there... Overall there's a relaxed, friendly, home town vibe. If you have small children the beach/lake is perfect, there are restrooms and snack bar right beside the swimming area... for $4 it's a very nice day out. Thanks again to the park for stocking up on eclipse glasses. Thoughtful touch.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 6, 2017

Although I live fairly near this park, we rarely take time to visit. However, my 11-year old grandkids from FL have been with me for the week and we've been to the park twice! These are kids who have a pool in their backyard and who love the ocean. I wasn't sure the little lake would wow them. Well, it did! They had a ball and are already making plans to return next summer!

This is a relatively small park. There is camping and a very nice conference center. We went for the swimming. There is a very nice snack bar where swim tickets are purchased. You can also rent paddle boats for around $6 for an hour and $4 for 1/2 hour. Life guards were on duty and seemed very attentive. Both times we went there were people of all ages present - grandparents like me, young families and a few teenagers. The place is clean, there was no trash laying around, everyone was well behaved. The atmosphere is just very pleasant. There are picnic tables in the shade and some playground equipment nearby. There was even a snake presentation by one of the park rangers when we were there on a Sunday.

I highly recommend this park. It's a pretty, wholesome, fun place for all.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed July 19, 2017

End of May stop by, Twin Lakes State Park on the way back from Occoneecheei State Park. That time two sweet ladies, Briana and Phoenix made us feel part of the park and gave us a reason to coming back. We went back to stay at the park last weekend for them and the Hummingbirds, though we got more than that there. Asked for morning float (canoe ride on the Prince Edward Lake), Jack arranged one for us. Our guide was Jack and Briana. Learned a lot from them. Especially about the park history and wild life. Sweet water Jellyfish was very interesting. Enjoy rest of the day hanging out on the beach of Goodwin Lake. All of us had lots of fun in the water, kids especially. Welcome Campfire was pretty good too, hosted by Jack and Briana. Cedar Crest Conference Center was WOW! We stayed in the beautiful Bowen Lodge. It is a nice 6 bed room lodge for up to 16, what accommodate 15 of us easily. Very clean lodge and well equipt. Did bonfire and BBQ on the backyard. Watching Hummingbird front of the park office was pretty entertaining. But have to say this park has the best, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful staff we ever met. Thank you for giving us such a wonderful time.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Soarin2016
Reviewed July 3, 2017

I was traveling through this part of VA and saw the signs for the park. It does have pretty views of the lakes and is very wooded. There are restrooms near the playground that were clean. The visitor center was small and had typical tourist items.

Date of experience: July 2017