“Good Lunch Spot”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Lorain, Ohio
“Good Lunch Spot”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My husband and I rarely eat out at lunch other than when we're traveling, so this was an opportunity to try this place which we had eyed for awhile. The menu had enough variation that my husband had trouble making up his mind. He ended up with the salmon panini and thought it was very good, although maybe a little too spicy for him. I got the meatball panini and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the meatballs. They were about 2 1/2" to 3" in diameter and there were three of them. I was impressed that the meatballs were accompanied by just enough sauce to make them juicy, without making a messy sandwich. The meatball recipe must have included a lot of garlic, so I was in heaven. I had trouble finishing the entire meal because it came with a broccoli slaw that was very different.
I would say the service was a tad on the slow side, but we were in no hurry. They do have some specials that include pizza slices, so there is a way to eat faster if needed. The wait staff was attendant enough and refilled our drinks without prompting.
I'd recommend this place for folks who are out and want to linger over their lunch with friends. Expect to pay slightly higher than average prices, but as for me, I thought the good food and leisurely pace were well worth it.

• Visited May 2014

Great Falls, Virginia
“Great pizza and wonderful staff”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you are in the mood for a great pizza than look no further. Siciliano's has the best in the area. Very friendly and courteous staff that aim to please. Little pricey but well worth it for the pizza. My family has been going there since it opened and would not go anywhere else in Great Falls for a pizza.

Visited April 2014
Stafford, Virginia
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Siciliano has the look of a great lunch spot but, as the saying goes, "looks aren't everything!"

Marignal service at best. The waiter seemed more interested in the Panthers-Niners game than taking good care of my wife and I.

As the meal wore on I too became more interested in football than the food we were being served. We ordered a couple Panini sandwiches which, with the exception of their price, were not impressive.

For $30 (two sandwiches and an iced tea) I expect something that is awesome! Unfortunately this was not the case. I'll put it this way - If you have a Panini griller at home you're pretty much on Siciliano's level. And the cheesy plastic plates have simply got to go! (Reference $30 tab).

For the record my average rating on Tripadvisor is 2.8 out of 5, so I'm pretty good at acknowledging good service and I'm not on here to simply "bash" places. Unfortunately, Siciliano deserves a "pass."

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank skijumper_311
VA
“This is a great place! Don't miss!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have been at Siciliano's location, and also are lucky to be in the delivery area. We usually do pizza, but other dishes, like salads, pasta, are also great. Service is friendly. We did a delivery night tonight, since we had company, and delivery minimum is $50. We ordered 4 huge pizzas, for about $80, all different custom "design" just how we wanted them, with many different toppings. The orders arrived done perfectly, hot, dough still just right - soft in the right places, crispy in others, and everything - absolutely delicious. At the restaurant, we had prompt and great service as well. Despite the small size of the dining room, the atmosphere seems so nice, relaxed, and friendly. Have to also mark bathrooms as a notch-up from a lot of places. It was a sad time in Great Falls, VA, for gourmet-pizza lovers, before this opened up! Thanks, guys!

• Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Wonderful dining experience!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I ate at Siciliano today and had a wonderful lunch!! Service was friendly and attentive throughout the meal. I ordered the caprese panini and my father ordered the meatball sub. We both thought our lunches were delicious and made with high quality ingredients. The menu looked great in general. I will be back to try their pizza, salads and soups in the future!

I don't think the negative review below is a fair reflection of this restaurant. My experience was great all around.

• Visited May 2013