“The best gets better”

LAuberge Chez Francois
Reserve with OpenTable
LAuberge Chez Francois is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Great Falls
Cuisines: French, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beach Mill Road
Description: Travellers in the beautiful Alsatian countryside, seek out "auberge", the little family inns that dot the roadsides, to eat well and enjoy the scenery. They know they will find fine food and glowing spirits, at an excellent value. Welcome to L"Auberge Chez Francois, our French country inn a short distance from the nation's capital, nestled among lush woods and fragrant gardens, that has captivated visitors for over 50 years. L'Auberge Chez Francois is the ideal spot to celebrate special moments, private parties,luncheons, weddings and cooking demonstrations. Our menu is extensive and full of the flavors of Alsace and traditional French cuisine. Excellent food and service, attention to detail and a casually elegant atmosphere are hallmarks that have made L'Auberge Chez Francois a Washington favorite. We sincerely hope that you will enjoy your visit with us. Jacques Brasserie at L'Auberge is open Tues-Sat,5-9:00PM,Sunday 3-7:30PM. Reservations for Jacques' Brasserie via phone only!
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Recently took our son Eric from New York city for lunch.The service with our favorite waiter Tommy was great.I had the medley of Pates-great.Cannot have enough garlic bread with cottage cheese spread -excellent.I had the lamb for main dish,also excellent.A meal here is like a special occasion everytime.
The food and service is just unmatched in the DC metro area.Kudos to chef
Jacques Herringer for continuing his father's great legacy.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently had my anniversary dinner at L'Auberge and I was thoroughly impressed. It all started with making the reservation where accommodated my request for a quiet table for a larger group. Then the service - absolutely attentive and very well groomed staff, which is a must for a place such as this. The food was the real kicker - everything we had was extremely tasty, light, and very well prepared. The digestives between dishes were great, as were the aperitifs that we could select before dinner.

Overall an amazing experience and highly recommended to a anyone looking to have a pleasant and memorable special occasion!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I love this place! It is one of my favorite special dinner spots. But it is also awesome for lunch. If it is nice outside you MUST sit on the patio. The food and service is spectacular. It can be a bit pricey but if you are looking for a bit more affordable meal at this fabulous location, go for lunch. Whenever you decide to go, just make sure you do! It is worth it.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Everything about this restaurant is superb - the food, the wine, the atmosphere, and the service. What differentiates L'Auberge from other superb restaurants is the complete lack of pretentiousness and the prices which, though high, are not stratospheric as they are typically in restaurants of similar quality. If the price is an issue, then try lunch, which I'm told is equally good and significantly less expensive.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went there to use a gift certificate I was given nine years ago. The menu shows the entrees listed with pricing which includes the appetizer, salad, and dessert. The first thing to come out was an assortment of breads, including a great garlic toast, accompanied by a delicious ricotta cheese spread. I had the beef cheek appetizer, my partner had the french onion soup. The beef cheeks were cooked like a stew, very tender and tasty. The french onion soup was very good. Next came the salads. I had the mixed greens salad and my parter had the tomato salad, both dressed with a very nice balsamic vinaigrette. For an entree my friend ordered the filet of beef, medium rare. I ordered the pouched Lobster with lump crabmeat. Both entrees were very good. By dessert time we were both to full, so we took our desserts home. We will have those tomorrow.