WINNER WONDERLAND

“Out of the way and Out of this World!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of LAuberge Chez Francois

LAuberge Chez Francois
Reserve with OpenTable
LAuberge Chez Francois is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Great Falls
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Beach Mill Road
Description: Travellers in the beautiful Alsatian countryside, seek out "auberge", the little family inns that dot the roadsides, to eat well and enjoy the scenery. They know they will find fine food and glowing spirits, at an excellent value. Welcome to L"Auberge Chez Francois, our French country inn a short distance from the nation's capital, nestled among lush woods and fragrant gardens, that has captivated visitors for over 50 years. L'Auberge Chez Francois is the ideal spot to celebrate special moments, private parties,luncheons, weddings and cooking demonstrations. Our menu is extensive and full of the flavors of Alsace and traditional French cuisine. Excellent food and service, attention to detail and a casually elegant atmosphere are hallmarks that have made L'Auberge Chez Francois a Washington favorite. We sincerely hope that you will enjoy your visit with us. Jacques Brasserie at L'Auberge is open Tues-Sat,5-9:00PM,Sunday 3-7:30PM. Reservations for Jacques' Brasserie via phone only!
Dallas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Out of the way and Out of this World!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I can't begin to say enough wonderful things about this restaurant. The food was beyond fabulous. I had the lobster and crab...the appetizer was the an apple, caramel, cheese something, the Ceasar salad was one of the best ever, the asparagus soup, and the raspberry souffle..all to die for. Our waiter was definitely an added plus - he was professional yet fun. He was thoughtful enough to consider the black dresses of the ladies at the table and brought us black napkins so that the white ones wouldn't leave white lint all over our dresses. This restaurant is definitely pricey, but soooo worth it - especially if you're looking for a "Special Occasion" place.

• Visited September 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
“Delicious but Somewhat Pretentious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

They offer a "six-course" prix-fixe dinner menu based on the price of the entrée, (I wouldn't necessarily call three of their items "courses"--meaning the spread for the bread, the sorbet palate cleanser, and the cookie and truffle at the end--though those are all good.) Their appetizers are fantastic; my crepe was amazing. In fact, I would be delighted to have several appetizers in place of an entrée. I had the Alsatian Feast for dinner and was disappointed because some things were overcooked; I've had it before, and it had been outstanding. They make wonderful hot soufflés for dessert; I had chocolate, but I can also highly recommend the Grand Mariner. These cost extra, and I was disappointed I could not also get my favorite (without paying even more) from their "included" menu--the plum tart. (I'm not a pig, but I really wanted both.) Our waiter was wonderful, but he kept getting looks of disapproval from the manager. We surmised the waiter was somewhat new and wasn't doing things up to the house's standards, but he was very attentive and didn't miss a beat as far as we're concerned. One word to the wise: Their parking lot is blue stone, and this can mess up high heels; if you're wearing high heels, ask someone to let you out at the door.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KenCookie
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Feels like home for us”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We are very fortunate to live near this fine restaurant. Although the first visit may seem intimidating, you will soon find out that this is a warm, friendly place with excellent, excellent food.

The Haeringer family has always run a top notch restaurant and we have always been warmly welcome. It is a real treat to see the founder and father of the family, Francois Haeringer, in the restaurant during holidays. Never anything but a smile on his son, Chef Jacques face, as with the other members of the family.

The Prixe Fixe luncheons are a great deal. I recommend everything on the menu but am a big fan of the Bouillabaisse and the Alsatian plum tart. And there is nothing wrong with a glass or two of the house Cremant d'Alsace.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank BirdsandBay
Wiehle, VA
“One of the Finest Restaurants in the U.S.A.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

And, this is an understatement. This is a restaurant which does everything perfect. The food, the service, the atmosphere, everything! Don't be scared if you don't have reservations. They've always had a table when I've had a "spur of the moment" urge!

• Visited October 2012
Winchester, Virginia
“Excellent French Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am from Montreal, Quebec. I so miss French food. That was until we found Auberge Chez Francois. While a bit pricey, the meal was worth every penny & more. We plan to go back for special occasions. We also plan to try his bistro. The only problem is we enjoy the food so much it is then hard to make the 2 hour drive home. This is true French cooking with a modern twist. It is as good or better than I have had in Paris, France.

• Visited August 2013