“Perfect Home Made Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Easton
“Perfect Home Made Food”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Family owned diner...perfect for a turkey club or good breakfast...

Visited March 2012
4 Thank Theresa H

“Just like Grandmas House!!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Best meal I've had in a long time! How inwood restaurant could recieve anything but a fantastic review is beyond me! I ordered the sirloin steak and it was perfect not only was it large enough for three people, but it seasonings were unbelievable! The gravy they used for my husbands hamburger steak and my mashed potatoes was just like the home made gravy my grandma use to make. I also loved the country charm. You can really tell this family takes pride in their restaurant. Our waitress told us that this place had been here for over 60 years and I truly hope it lasts another 60!!!

8 Thank Ashifflett
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Institutional Grade Food at Real Restaurant Prices.”
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I don't even know where to begin with this place. This place was recommended to us from someone so we decided to check it out. We were greeted with a run down hole in the wall that was somewhere between Denny's and Waffle House when it came to decor/cleanliness.

We were ready to walk out right then and there but we were hoping it would be a diamond in the rough. There is a sign up about how they aren't a fast food restaurant and to please be patient as they cook your meal. Apparently the time they needed was to reheat the precooked and frozen meats and open various cans of things.

We got the salad bar with our dinner. It was a sanitation nightmare. The local clientèle clearly is not up on proper salad bar sanitation. People were taking huge scoops of items and spilling them into every other surrounding item. I saw cottage cheese covered in bacon bits and shredded cheese. The hard boiled eggs sit there in water. We watched numerous people handle the food end of the utensils.

After a short wait we got our food.

I was served the roast beef. I got one large slice of roast beef that looked like it was carved from deli roast beef and reheated. It was drowned in some kind of canned gravy that tasted like nothing but salt. My side was mashed potatoes which were very clearly powdered. It tasted like mealy warm water.

My fiancée got fried chicken. The chicken was way past burnt and the chicken was so dry it would not come off the bone. She had a baked potato that sat in the oven so long the interior was yellowed and pure mush. She couldn't even add butter, just 'buttery spread'.

The two of us ate about two bites and a slice of texas toast. We got up to pay and the waitress actually commented on how quickly we finished. The only thing we could muster was 'You'll see why'.

I am all for hole in the walls and dive places but not when all the food comes out of a jar/can/bag. I would also like to apologize to Denny's and Waffle House for comparing them to this place and they both are several orders of magnitude better than the Innwood.

• Visited October 2011
6 Thank Jared R
Palmyra, Virginia
“We love this place.”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We have recently moved and don't get down to the Inwood as often as we did. You will not leave hungry. Their steaks are the best I've ever had and hang off your plate they are so big. There specials vary, but come with soup/salad bar, entry, two vegetables, tea/coffee and your choice of pie for under $20. Not a fan of their seafood, but everything else there is wonderful. Homemade soups are great. The salad bar is stocked continuously and features items not seen on your classic salad bar (there are black and green olives, beets, pickles, hot peppers) among your basic fresh ingredients. Their hamburgers are HUGE and delicious. The wait staff is friendly and take good care of you. It is kid friendly as well. We love going to the Inwood and miss living near by.

• Visited September 2011
8 Thank Ollymo
Palmyra, Virginia
“I have found my restaurant heaven!”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

What a wonderful find! My husband and I were blown away with the down home atmosphere and the food was some of the best I ever tasted. The steaks were HUGE and delicious. And what a bargin! No where else that I know of can touch the meal deal we experienced and I am an ex trucker. Good food and plenty of it. We will defintly be going back again and again.

• Visited August 2011