“Tasteless BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I can not believe all the hype this restaurant gets. I was so excited to finally try The barbeque Exchange and it was absolutely horrible. I'm shocked that this place has so many great reviews, they have to be fake because the barbecue is completely TASTELESS! Not to mention room temperature. I tried two different sauces on my barbeque sandwich to make it taste like something but even that didn't help. My husband tried the brisket and it was as hard as a rock with no flavor, it must have sat out all day or was left over from the day before. The sides were small and tasted of grease. This place is an over priced rip off! The service was ok but even that couldn't make up for our cold tasteless meal!

4  Thank amShiff

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Visited family in Charlottesville, all we heard was how great the food is at Barbeque exchange; we place a large take out order; food was ok, not exceptional, sides and sauces were better than the chicken and pulled pork, brisket was ok, but I prefer the brisket to be pulled.

4  Thank Merrymonk
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place was recommended to us by some locals. We stopped for lunch. It was not crowded at all as we stopped about 3PM on a weekday. The food was good and reasonably priced. They had more types of BBQ sauce than most places so it was nice try something different.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Barbeque was excellent, I can see why this place was packed everyday all day! Just a simple little place but very good food for the price.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We love a good BBQ! We were not disappointed! Lots to choose from and had something for everyone!! Staff very friendly! Food was great its right in Gordonsville!!