All reviews pool area other guests sea view steep hill old town lunch and dinner watch the sunset superior room the hotel staff early evening tea and coffee beautiful setting the cliff pebble beach a wonderful holiday small beach amazing island
Selected filters
Reviewed August 16, 2018

Went there on August and I'll definitely go again next year. Beautiful island, but this hotel is all I was looking for. I totally relaxed and got my mind calmed down. Amazing evening sunsets. Private beaches. Very nice food. Polite staff. Close to the old city but far enough to be independent and quiet.
Totally suggested.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank hpen-travel
Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

Had the most wonderful relaxing week here with my husband and 2 boys. Gorgeous hotel with everything I’d want - beautiful surroundings, quiet, peaceful, not crowded, amazing calm sea and lovely pool area. Good lunch and dinner. Fantastic yoga teacher - in fact the only time I’ve enjoyed yoga ! Amazing island with incredible restaurants around recommended by hotel . My only complaint - breakfast very disappointing, juices from cartons, rubbish choices and moodiest slowest breakfast staff
I’d come back though in a second !

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Sarssimp
Reviewed July 28, 2018

rWe spent a week at Marpunta in July and the price was mid range but it felt like total luxury so good value. The resort has an expansive pool area with bar plus restaurant and two beaches, both of which offer stunning swimming in deep azure blue seas. We chose the quieter of the two beaches on almost all occasions.
We particularly enjoyed making use of the shuttle service and exploring the nearby port of Patitiri, the old town and the fishing village of Steni Vala where the locals are all extremely welcoming. The rooms seem to have been carefully planned to esemble a hilltop village and are extremely comfortable and marked as a quiet zone. Overall we would certainly recommend this place for its location, tranquility, service, good food and atmosphere. It was perfect.

Room tip: Opt for the sea view, its well worth the (reasonable extra cost)
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
8  Thank philkaye139
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed with some friends at Marpunta at the end of June. The hotel is a unique property that would cost 10x the current prices if it belonged to a international brand. While a bit dated (which gives it an aristocratic air) the property is immaculately maintained and very clean. You are on the beach but surrounded by the forest which gives an amazing feeling of serenity. The staff is extremely friendly and treated us like royalty during our stay. I would definitely return with family and/or kids and i am truly happy i discovered and stayed at such a unique location!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank YanniO2014
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Marpunta seems to have rebranded itself during the past 12 months and has evolved into a lovely multi national hotel. The facilities are excellent and the location is perfect with magnificent views out to the Aegean.

Date of stay: June 2018