“You'll be disappointed if you know real Mexican food”
Review of El Ranchito Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

El Ranchito Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You'll be disappointed if you know real Mexican food”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I'm from Mexico and I just moved here. Knowing that we're pretty far I wasn't expecting much, but I was still disappointed with the green enchiladas I ordered. The green chiles were just chopped and thrown on top of the enchiladas with some sour cream :(
The food is not bad, it's just not really Mexican
I will keep looking for a decent Mexican place or learn to cook the stuff myself hehehe

Gloucester, Virginia
“East Coast Mexican food isn't great”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

But this restaurant is at least average if not a little better than your average East Coast Mexican restaurant. If you're from out West don't bother with Mexican while you're here, but if you're from here, you'll probably really like it. Good salsa, and pretty good food. Really nice staff.

Newport News, Virginia
“price to awful”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

2 of us went to eat.. ordered 2 dinners, and 2 margarita's .. wow were we shocked to see a 70 dollar bill.. never again.. I will stick to SALSA'S ...

Visited March 2012
Gloucester, Virginia
“Unsanitary, slow service, way overpriced! DON'T BOTHER!!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Was my 3rd (and last) time going. Only went because the kids wanted to. The entire restaurant had tables full of dirty dishes; some tables weren't cleared during our entire meal. Decor is lame and the dining room small and cramped. Food is so-so, but hate to see what the kitchen would look like if they let the dining room look like they did. Food is overpriced also and the wait staff seems like they can't wait to get off work.
My recommendation: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank howgozit_12
Jamaica,Va
“My Family's Favorite Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We have been going here for about eight years now and make a point to eat here a least once a week. The food here is homemade and always good.