“FANTASTIC FOOD!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bangkok Noi

Bangkok Noi
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Gloucester
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
livermore, ca
“FANTASTIC FOOD!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My meal came out cold which was not great, but I returned it and they heated it - other than that, the food was DELICIOUS. We saw a lot of sushi dishes go by and they were beautifully presented. Probably the best thai meal I've ever had!

Visited August 2013

Tupelo, Mississippi
“Good food, decent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

My impression of this restaurant: excellent food & visual appeal, but a bit tacky in the service department. I give it a 4 stars overall; the food is 5 stars and the service is like 3.5 stars.

Food: it was all wonderful; we ordered the the crispy duck (which was FANTASTIC!) and pad thai- which was great too. The sushi was good, nothing outstanding about it really, but the fried ice cream was excellent! They serve REAL fried ice cream here, not the "ball of ice cream rolled in corn flakes" kind you find at some restaurants. It is legit fried ice cream.

Service: Okay, I will admit my initial impression has a bit of a negative bias mostly because of how they seated us. We walked into the restaurant and there were 2 tables with a bunch of loudly-talking people at each and they sat us right in between them- the whole rest of the place was empty! Also, there was a live guitar/singer dude there within a few yards and his amp was turned up way too loud for ambient music... but I asked to change tables and they accommodated us and they service was fine after that. With the exception of the appetizer, sushi, which took about 25 minutes to bring out, all the food was delivered in a timely manner and our glasses stayed full. So, my initial thought was a 3 for service, but aside from the seating thing, it was a 4.

We were road tripping at the time, and if I am ever in the area I would eat here again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gloucester, Virginia
“Nice Atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Nice atmosphere! Good food and pleasant waiter. It is a little expensive. We just go on special occasions. It would be nice to have a lunch special. We would probably go more.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Where's our food?!?! Not what we expected from an expensive restaurant.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I would like to rate the restaurant higher, but the only thing I have to go on are the drinks and service of our waiter. After an hour of waiting for our sushi sampler, the food still had not arrived. Our waiter noticed our frustration and brought us complementary spring rolls. After another 25 minutes had past beyond that, we finally told him to cancel our order and bring us the bill for the drinks. He spoke to the owner and not only did they comp us for the drinks, but they offered us a gift certificate to return considering the horrible first experience at the restaurant. From what I saw, everyone that did receive food appeared to enjoy it and I am glad they took they opportunity to attempt to satisfy a couple of dissatisfied customers. We will try it again. Hopefully the sushi chef will be up to speed by then.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Weston67
Richmond, Virginia
“If you eat here, bring lots of money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

We ordered take-out for 4 adults one evening and we were shocked that the total came to more than $72 and that's with just ordering an entrée with no appetizers. The food was very good and the amount was adequate. We have also eaten there for lunch and it was very pricey then too.

• 2 of 5 bubbles