“Go to Sakura's”

Cuisines: Japanese
virginia
“Go to Sakura's”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

My daughter and I had lunch at this restaurant and we were not very pleased. Small portions, gnats in food, charged incorrect amount for lunch. I have eaten at Sakura's, which is similar to this establishment and I find their food, portions and service to be much better.

• Visited November 2011

Glen Allen, Virginia
“hidden gem”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

i've eaten at the Samurai about 2 dozen times, both for lunch and dinner, with family, with my wife only, and for business lunches. I've never been disappointed. I usually order sushi, which always seems fresh, but have also sampled various cooked meals, Bento boxes, and appetizers. Their service is great, and the restaurant has a very clean, pleasant interior (ditto for the bathrooms). I'm always suprised it isn't packed, but it's off the beaten path. However, I consider this one the best Japanese restaurants I know in the West End. I can't compare to the rest of Richmond because i have had no need to go any farther for Japanese food.