“Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic...Can't wait to go back to Richmond in September”
Review of Mama Cucina

Mama Cucina
Ranked #2 of 168 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic...Can't wait to go back to Richmond in September to visit Mama Cucina. A great meal (extra large portions) at a fair price. Love it and highly recommend to all.

1  Thank Iralgo
There are newer reviews for Mama Cucina

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We watched my son's band play at Sharkey's bar within the same shopping center and decided to eat at Mama Cucina because the sign said "casual family dining". Yes, the atmosphere is casual and it is stuck in the middle of a busy shopping center right next to a Dairy Queen. Yes, the food was delicious. Everyone enjoyed their food and the portion sizes, however I do not feel like entrees in the $15 to $20 price range is exactly in "family" range. Pasta is general if quite inexpensive. My daughter ordered pasta with vodka sauce and it was $15. It was pricier than I expected but we didn't want to leave after we sat down. I would go again with my husband, but I wouldn't bring my children again. The wait staff was not overly friendly or attentive either.

2  Thank 6GRTKDS
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We rarely eat at chains, so we always like to find family-owned restaurants serving families. We have had wonderful meals and the service is excellent. Be sure to share the large platters of food. There are better Italian restaurants in Richmond, but very few in the Short Pump area outside of the chains. You will not be disappointed.

3  Thank travelsalot08
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stopped by on a Monday for lunch with my three year old, and I was not disappointed. I ordered a house salad--that was fantastic (marinated red peppers, olives, mushrooms, a brown house salad dressing, etc). Then I ordered ravioli. It came with some garlic bread. The ravioli was great. I did glance at the children's menu, but the prices seemed high, and I knew my son probably wouldn't eat it anyway.

The service was extremely quick. Immediately I received my salad, and I barely started, and they were bringing the ravioli. The price was reasonable, and the food was fantastic.

2  Thank CoastalJen
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The food is wonderful! There really is enough for two people, unless of course you are a BIG eater. Nice out door eating area and cozy and quaint indoor area.

2  Thank Pamela S