“Good Food Very Nice and Fast Service”

Capital Ale House - Innsbook
Ranked #4 of 164 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Powhatan, Virginia
“Good Food Very Nice and Fast Service”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was in the Capital Ale House last week for the first time and had a very good lunch. I was surprised how good the food was and the speed it came out from the kitchen. You need that when trying to have lunch in a hour. The service was excellent. Try the burgers, they were really good. I will certainly be going back.

• Visited November 2013

Portsmouth, Virginia
“Nice Place”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Only went there for a group dinner so I really can't rate it as a 'pub'. The food was good, but high priced. We were in a separate room with a fireplace and that was very nice. The menu was slightly limited, leaning toward German, however I had fish and chips. It was average, good but not great. I heard no complaints from the other members of the group, who had a variety of menu items. There was a beer menu booklet on each table and I'll go back to try some of them on another visit to the Richmond area. The waitstaff was excellent.

• Visited November 2013
“Less impressed than the first visit”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to this restaurant and I made a special point to come back since the food on my first visit was so good. I must say that I left a bit disappointed. I ordered the Mac and Cheese with wild mushrooms. The dish was very bland and the mushrooms were scarce. The dish was much better after I added salt. Our waitress was pleasant and we were seated immediately after arriving. I would probably return if I am back in town, however I will stick with one of the burgers instead.

Visited November 2013
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Great after work gathering place”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Frequently meet friends here after work for a few beers. Great selection. Takes a while to get thru the menu, but it's worth it. Service is good and the staff is friendly.

Visited August 2013
Glen Allen, Virginia, USA
“For beer lovers”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I was surprised by their beer collection, they support a lot of local breweries too and have specials from time to time. After work, I also go there to play cards after a busy day at work. All in all this is my go to place..

Visited October 2013