“Great after work dinner”
Review of Hondos

Hondos
Reserve with OpenTable
Hondos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 166 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad St.
Description: Hondos is Richmond's prime destination for great steak. Hondos features a variety of perfectly aged cuts, broiled to your request and served sizzling. The menu features three different cuts of filet mignon, a cowboy rib-eye and a 24oz porterhouse. Hondos also specializes in fresh seafood with such favorites as jumbo lump (absolutely no-filler) crabcakes, South African lobster tails and a daily "fresh catch" to name a few. Whether a romantic evening for two or a business dinner, Hondos is sure to surpass your highest expectations in food and unparalleled service. Why not join us tonight?
Richmond, Virginia
“Great after work dinner”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My co-workers and I ate here after work recently and found it a great place for a business dinner. We had a small private dining room with a great waiter! We had several different appetizers with the Lamb Lollipops being great!!! I must say the French Onion Soup was very bland and honestly one of the worst I've ever had sadly. I went a different direction with dinner and had the Bourbon Pork Chops which were really good and ver tender. Dessert was another disappointment with the Bananas Foster...not good. Over all a god dinner, but EXPENSIVE!!!

Visited February 2014
Lewis_Inc, Director of Sales at Hondos, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your post here on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate the comments of our guests as it is from these that we seek opportunities to improve. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the lamb and pork chops and found dinner to be good over all. I am sorry, however if you found the onion soup to be bland. I am also sorry that you did not enjoy our Banana's Foster Cheesecake. We have received many fine comments on both of these dishes, and I am sorry that this is not the case for you. Please, if ever anything does not delight you when you dine with us, do not hesitate to let us know when you are here. We will happily and expediently replace any item with something you find more palatable. We never wish for a guest to leave feeling as you do. I regret that I have only this venue by which to contact you. If it is not too much trouble, might you send me an email with your contact information so I may offer our apologies in a more appropriate and direct manner? My email address is hondos.toni@yahoo.com
I look forward to your reply.
Toni Peebles
director of Sales & Marketing

Glen Allen, Virginia
“So-=so”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Upscale restaurant. Not consistent. I have been here several times whee the meal was amazing. I took my staff there for a Christmas luncheon which was planned in advance. Service was great but the food was mediocre--disappointing. Lunch cost is reasonable. Dinner is expensive as is brunch.

Visited December 2013
Lewis_Inc, Director of Sales at Hondos, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your post here on Trip Advisor. We value the comments of our guests as we use them to make improvements every day. I am glad to see that your service has been good with us, though sorry to read that you found the meal to be lacking in any way for your more recent visit. If ever any part of a guests experience is less than perfection, we hope that they will let us know when they dine, as we will happily replace any item that does not delight immediately. We never wish for a guest to leave feeling as you do. Please, if it is not too much trouble, might you send an email with your contact information so I may offer our apologies in a more direct and appropriate manner. Please reference code TA-3-5 in your reply so I will know to which post the email refers. Thank you again for your time.
Toni Peebles
Hondo's Director of Sales & Marketing
hondos.toni@yahoo.com
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
“Perfect”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food was amazing. The service could not have been better. This has quickly become one of our favorite places to dine.

• Visited February 2014
Virginia
“Another great experience!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

My wife and I had another great meal at Hondos last night, and we will certainly go back again... and soon. Everything about this establishment was perfect, from our waiter (Trevor) to the last sip of the after dinner pressed coffee. The filet and lobster tail were cooked perfectly, tender and juicy. My wife's filet came a little more rare than she preferred, so they whisked it away and returned just a few minutes later at exactly her requested state of pink. My salad with Blue Cheese dressing was loaded with fresh crumbles of tangy cheese, and the croutons are fantastic. Yes, this place is not cheap, but neither is the food. Every item, from fresh warm bread with whipped honey butter, steak and lobster, salads and loaded baked potato was cooked to perfection. If you like an occasional splurge at places like Ruths Chris or Mortons, you will love this restaurant. After having been to both of the other two high-end steak houses, I will keep going back to Hondos. It's a very comfortable place, less noisy and hectic than the other two, with delicious food and attentive service. Well done, folks!!

• Visited February 2014
Knoxville
“Outstanding...from start to finish”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Great ambience for a romantic dinner...wine selection was very good, service was top notch and food was delicious. The crab cakes were among the best I have had (coming from someone who grew up on the Chesapeake Bay).

Visited January 2014