“Our favorite Sunday brunch”
Review of Hondos

Hondos
Reserve with OpenTable
Hondos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 178 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad St.
Description: Hondos is Richmond's prime destination for great steak. Hondos features a variety of perfectly aged cuts, broiled to your request and served sizzling. The menu features three different cuts of filet mignon, a cowboy rib-eye and a 24oz porterhouse. Hondos also specializes in fresh seafood with such favorites as jumbo lump (absolutely no-filler) crabcakes, South African lobster tails and a daily "fresh catch" to name a few. Whether a romantic evening for two or a business dinner, Hondos is sure to surpass your highest expectations in food and unparalleled service. Why not join us tonight?
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Hondo's is our family's favorite place for Sunday brunch. We go there for almost every major holiday season - Christmas, Easter, and birthdays. The food is very good and the atmosphere is nice.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I travel to Richmond frequently on business and had dinner with colleagues here on a recent visit. Frankly, I just wasn't that impressed. It's not that it was bad, it's just that it wasn't as good as the prices would lead you to believe. I don't mind dropping $50 or $60 on a good steak, but I want a $50 or $60 steak. I found my bone-in ribeye to be what I'd expect at, say, an Outback. Of course, it's possible that we caught them on an off night, but my dinner companions seemed to feel the same way I did. The decor is nice, service was attentive. I would probably try them again just to see if my first experience was just a fluke.

Lewis_Inc, Director of Sales at Hondos, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

At Hondos, we have developed a reputation of sterling service and fine food. As one might infer from the many kind reviews here on Trip Advisor, our mission is clear: to exceed your expectation every time you dine. While I am glad that you enjoyed our decor and service, I am sorry that you found our food to be "just OK." I hope that I might be able to offer our apologies in a more appropriate manner. Please, if it is not too much trouble, might you send an email with your contact information so we may do just that? My email address is hondos.toni@yahoo.com Please reference code TA-12-13 in your reply so I will know to which post the email refers. I look forward to the opportunity to change your mind about Hondos Prime.

Toni Peebles
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice - once in the old location (shopping center) and once at the new digs. The food has been consistently fantastic between the two places. I would say that it's comparable to Buckheads in Richmond but what gives the tilt to Hondo's are the sides - which come with the price of the steak, not making you order separately (another plus for me). The service has always been top notch.

The new location has upped the atmosphere a bit from the rustic look of the shopping center location.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

In the past I have always been pleased w their service and fine dining. However this time for Thanksgiving was unlike any other experience i have ever encountered. Unfortunately all the vegtables that were intended to be cooked were more raw then even cooked.Green beans brussel sprouts just dont settle well eaten mostly raw .mentioning of this to the waitress however made no response on how it may be addressed.
It was a thankful day and knowing it was quite busy and things happen however customer service is an important ingredient to a restaurants business success. Training the waitress about customer service is a restarant's investment to their business.
The bill given to our party was doubled overcharged. Not to get into details this is when the waitress' need of improved customer service training was indeed in need. The blame was given to the manager s to be at fault. The hope was the Manager would have kindly addressed this sitiation with our party. Unfortunately this never happened. The last words I remember is the waitress asking so do you think I am being rude.....negative words
On a positive note the variety of the main meal was nicely prepared and served with class. Spending time with family on this Thankful day.

Lewis_Inc, Public Relations Manager at Hondos, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Thank you for your post here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to read that you have had positive experiences with us in the past, and found most of the Thanksgiving meal to be good. I am very sorry, however if the vegetables were not prepared as you prefer. I am especially sorry if you found our service to be anything other than perfectly hospitable. Whenever possible, we do our patent best to reach out to a guest if any part of their experience is less than perfect. I am so sorry that our service did not exceed your every expectation. I would truly appreciate the opportunity to offer my apologies and make amends in a more direct and appropriate fashion. Please, if it is not too much trouble, might you send me an email with your contact information so I may offer just that? My email address is hondos.toni@yahoo.com
Please reference code TA-12-3 in your response so I may know to which post the letter refers.

Toni Peebles
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Went there on a business dinner. It was amazing. Our service was impeccable. I had the surf and turf and I can honestly say I have not had a better meal anywhere else! The group we were with had tuna which looked amazing as well as other cuts if beef -everyone was pleased by there food! I will definitely go back there!