“Yum!”
Review of Hondos

Hondos
Reserve with OpenTable
Hondos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 166 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broad St.
Description: Hondos is Richmond's prime destination for great steak. Hondos features a variety of perfectly aged cuts, broiled to your request and served sizzling. The menu features three different cuts of filet mignon, a cowboy rib-eye and a 24oz porterhouse. Hondos also specializes in fresh seafood with such favorites as jumbo lump (absolutely no-filler) crabcakes, South African lobster tails and a daily "fresh catch" to name a few. Whether a romantic evening for two or a business dinner, Hondos is sure to surpass your highest expectations in food and unparalleled service. Why not join us tonight?
Richmond, Virginia
“Yum!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I'm a huge fan of Opus 9 Steakhouse, when I saw that Hondos and Opus 9 were sister restaurants I had to try it! No more driving to Williamsburg for great steak/brunch! I went for lunch and the meal couldn't have been any better! I had steak with a glass of Pinot Grigio and I was in HEAVEN! The staff was attentive, and wonderful! This is my new home steakhouse in Richmond!

• Visited October 2012

Salem, Virginia
“Great food but service is SLOW.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Waited to be seated with plenty of seating as they want you to hang in their bar area and drink. It was late for us to eat and we got seated by 8pm. Table was for some odd reason slanted with the room which placed me too close to the loudest man in Richmond who liked to here his voice. In about five minutes the manager came by to welcome us which was a nice touch. He promised that our server would be by soon. Sure enough ten minutes later he came by and took our drink order. Ten minutes later he brought our drinks. That was the pace of the night. He apologized twice saying they got backed up, never saw the manager again. Waiter was pleasant, food was excellent, but plan on a long night which I think some people like- but not my wife and I. I visit Richmond often but won't visit Hondo's again.

richmond, va
“Consistently good”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The food here is always superb as well as the service. May be considered "pricey" to some, but this is a quality restaurant with EXCELLENT steaks. The Cosmopolitans are also done perfectly here. Whether in jeans at the bar or dining in the main area, the service you receive is quality. We eat here at least 1-2 times per quarter.

• Visited August 2012
Cambridge
“Awesome Steak!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

One of the best steaks I have ever had! Great place to eat and great service! I had the Fillet Mignon with garlic mash... cooked to perfection!

Visited July 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“BRUNCH BRUNCH BRUNCH!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Go on Sunday Morning for the amazing brunch! Best in the state! The staff is the best! They will make you an omelette and then bring it to your table. Yes a little pricey but the quality and service is worth it. Did I mention is a BUFFET brunch! A must try!

Visited June 2012