“Average meal, indifferent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Chuy's

Chuy's
Ranked #10 of 164 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Virginia
“Average meal, indifferent service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food was typical Mexican. Not real bad and not real good, just average. We went on a Sunday night and only had to wait about 10 minutes, our drinks from the bar had not even arrived yet. From the start it was clear that our waitress did not want to be there. She took our order, and brought our food but could have cared less if we enjoyed our dining experience. She did a great job of bringing the "festive" atmosphere of the place to it's knees. Richmond needs a fun Mexican restaurant, at this point Plaza Azteca is the closest thing we have.

Visited August 2013

Wilmslow
“Food OK, free nachos nice, service not impressive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The food was fine if a bit overpriced, although the atmosphere during the weekday happy hour was good. The nachos were lovely and thin, and the queso and meat toppings were yummy. We had a fairly large party of 14 ranging from kids to seniors, but unfortunately had a seriously grumpy waitress, who was not interested in being helpful to people who had not been there before (me!) or people who weren't that familiar with Tex-Mex (my senior parents). Got several orders wrong and forgot a few drinks -- I am always quite willing to forgive this (having been a waitress myself!) as long as the attitude is pleasant, which in this case it was not. She ended better than she began but did not start off on the right foot. A smile is always welcome!

• Visited August 2013
“Americanized food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Average food at best, horrible parking and you end up spending more on tipping the staff than on the food itself. And did I mentioned the over priced food?? Not worth it, with so many Mexican restaurants in short pump, why go through all d trouble for mediocre food at best?

• Visited July 2013
frequent traveler
“Finally! Good Mexican food in Richmond.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

After eating very mediocre Mexican food in Richmond for the past two years it is great that Chuy's has opened.

My favorite is the cheese and onion enchiladas. Every Mexican restaurant should have this dish on their menu. It's a classic and isn't that much more difficult than just having a cheese enchilada.

Chips are light and not greasy like the ones at every other Mexican restaurant in town.

Margaritas are tasty and a good deal during happy hour.

Also, as a vegetarian I really like and appreciate that on the menu they outline the various sauces in detail. And every server I've had has been friendly and more importantly, knowledgeable about the menu, including whether or not the rice has chicken broth in it (one of my big pet peeves at various Mexican restaurants).

Only criticism would be that for my seafood loving friends they don't have a tuna taco.

Frankly there is now no longer a reason to go to any other Mexican restaurant in Richmond, period. I know I won't bother with any of them again.

• Visited May 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Best Tortillas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Ok for a chain we found the food really good this was a nice change for Tex Mex.Handmade tortillas great chips and Salsa the Hatch Tomitillo sauce was outstanding Look forward to returning The beef Fajitas marinated in Beer were the best tender and lots of flavor!

• Visited July 2013