“Great salad bar!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Great salad bar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I go there fairly often for lunch with coworkers. I love the salad. I also liked the lunch portion of the lobster macaroni and cheese which is no longer available except more expensive dinner portion. The petite plate menu is good but wish they offered a few more meals and a couple more soups like french onion or baked potato. Service is consistently good.

Visited November 2013

DC
“Salad bar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I love a good salad bar! This Ruby Tuesday has lots of fresh choices and is always plentiful. Restaurant is always cold, though. Bring a jacket!

Visited December 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Improving”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

I frequent Ruby Tuesday's in Glen Allen fairly often and I must admit the restaurant has gotten better after a major downswing over the years.

I still do not get the salad bar as they've added meat to everything except the green salads; so no potato salad, no macaroni salad for me, being a pescatarian (seafood only). I've never even seen those salads with meat anywhere else - quite the aberration.

That being said, the new drink prices are fantastic - happy hour all evening and decent sized drinks for the price. Minimal price increase for top shelf liquors.

The food is significantly better over the last year. They've added a lot of seafood dishes - great for me - and also some smaller portioned sliders with salad bar that are priced, in some cases, the same price as the salad bar alone!

The seafood dishes themselves have dramatically improved and they now provide biscuits (can you say Red Lobster?) although they tend to be dry and have less flavor than others.

If they'd put the salads back to what they should be I'd add another star!

They also could use a bit more attentive wait staff. I had to go looking for the maitre'd last trip and often the waiters fail to check in often enough, even when it isn't busy.

Good job so far, I hope they continue to improve.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Good Food and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I had a great dinner with chicken and I had the Blackned Tilapia. We ate it all. That was so good.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Salad Bar and Garlic Cheese Buscuits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Ate here on a Saturday evening. Had to wait for a table since they were short on servers. Ribs were moist and salad bar fresh. Best were the garlic cheese buscuits that arrived hot!

• 5 of 5 bubbles