“Oh Where, Oh Where is our Food?????”

Aunt Sarah's Pancake House
Ranked #83 of 168 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I went there on a Sunday night at 6pm. First we had to wait 7-8 minutes to be seated when there were only 2 people in front of us. We were seated and we both ordered the Fried Chicken. Five minutes later, a couple was seated behind us. 45 MINUTES LATER WE WERE SERVED OUR FOOD!!!! This was after the couple behind us had ordered their food and had already finished eating and had left the restaurant!!! i asked them what they had ordered before they left and they said.....Fried Chicken!!! The service was very, very, ssslllllooooooooowwwwwwwww!!!! One of the waitresses was complaining to someone who came in the door it would be a few minutes before they could be seated because they had just had a rush!! Really??? A rush??? We never saw more than 3 other tables being served at any one time. As far as professionalism of the wait staff?? Non-existant!! One of them even came over and sat down in the booth next to ours while she was suppossedly working to chat up one of the regulars. We both drink water, yet neither of our glasses were ever refilled, because the waitress was missing in action the whole time. Even though the service was THE WORST EVER, the fried chicken was very good. However, the mac and cheese was very bland. It definitely came out of a box. The Baked Potato should be called an almost baked potato. I would have sent it back, but would probably still be waiting for it a day later. From the time we arrived until we left was 1 hour and 45 minutes!!!! When we were ready to leave we had to wait another 5-6 minutes for someone to SHOW UP from the back to check us out and then they were asking if we wanted a table for two. If we were not honest people, we could have left with out paying and probably could have taken what ever we wanted from the register area, including the register!!!!. Overall the food was okay, but do not go there unless you have all the time in the world to wait.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

The best think Iliked was the hashbrown casserole. Yummy. I got decaf coffee, and it was weaker than the regular coffee ordered by my s/o. Wait staff are very friendly. This place is next to Knight's Inn, and is a good value for your moneyl

2  Thank fishinggoddess
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had breakfast here on a recent road trip it brought back memories of stopping at Aunt Sarahs when I was a kid on a family road trip. The food was quick and good. The fresh squeezed orange juice is a must. The cream chipped beef, Virginia Corn Cakes were our favorite items.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Last weekend me and my husband went to breakfast at Aunt Sarah's on Brook Road, it was our first visit there and the service was simply AMAZING!! We walked in and got seated quickly and our waitress "Sherika" greeted us with a nice bright smile and told us about the menu and made us feel welcomed to be there. Me and my husband both got the big daddy skillet and it was really good the casserole was my favorite. We WILL come back and see Sherika again and try the dinner menu!

1  Thank Mary J
Kim J, Owner at Aunt Sarah's Pancake House, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you had a great experience in all ways!!!! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We visited aunt Sarah's on a Thursday morning before heading to the Richmaond race track.We were staying down the street at the Springhill Suites and we had missed breakfast so we decided to go to Aunt Sarah's. My sister loves pancakes and I was in the mood for pancakes so we figured a pancake house should have great ones. The staff was great they were friendly, they asked if we were sisters because we look alike and they asked if we were in town for the race.We both ordered pancakes ,my sister ordered grits I ordered the hash brown casserole.When our breakfast came it looked ok until I started to butter my pancakes, the bottom one was so pale because it was almost raw, the hash brown casserole was so dry and the onions in it were so hard they crunched. My sister said her pancakes were good but I only ate my top one. Her grits were watery and not so good. A man came around to all the tables asking how everything was,( i assume he was manager or owner) When I told him my pancakes were raw he said oh I'm sorry and walked away, when the waitress finally came back I told her the same thing and her reaction was like oh well.Needless to say I did not enjoy my breakfast and we won't be going there again.The Waffle house down the street is much better.As we were leaving I was waiting for my sister to come out of the ladies room, one of the cooks was sitting in a booth, he came over to where I was standing and asked me how everything was, I told him about the raw pancakes, he at least apologized and said he wish he had been told he would have made me another( something that was never offered by the waitress or manager).He asked if we were here for the race and said to come back and give them another chance, which we didn't do on this trip and I don't think we will be visiting Aunt Sarah anytime soon.

Kim J, Owner at Aunt Sarah's Pancake House, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I'm so sorry about your experience with the food and service. I have no idea what happened that day. It is not the normal experience we are working to implement. We purchased the restaurant in October, 2012 and have worked so hard. It's disappointing to hear the negative experience. We are truly sorry about your experience. We are thankful for your comments and will continue to work with all of those working at the restaurant. We have recently let a couple servers go who did not do the job we needed them to do when taking care of the customers.