“Nice staff, dreadful food”
Review of JJ's Grille

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
JJ's Grille
Ranked #100 of 166 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: American
richmond, va
“Nice staff, dreadful food”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here a number of times over the last year or so. The only reason I have been here numerous times is due to proximity to my home. I have tried a variety of items on the menu trying to find something that is halfway decent. If you have the time to "cook", go to the freezer section of your store, and you will get the same food. Frozen, pre-made burger patties, frozen pre-done onion rings, frozen french fries, bag of chips, jar of salsa... you get my drift. The food is also flavorless, except for the food that they drown in salt. However, the staff is pleasant and attentive. Wayne the bartender, is an awesome bartender and the only reason to visit.

• Visited September 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“Bad Experience - Raw Chicken Served, Bad Kitchen Decisions”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I tried JJ's for the first time back in December 2012. I was craving buffalo chicken, and it was on the menu. I arrived late in the afternoon (there was only one or two other customers) and I was by myself. The server was polite, although socially awkward. I ordered the buffalo chicken sandwich and fries. The kitchen seemed on the slow side for not being busy. I wasn't in any hurry, but felt that 20 minutes to get my food was a bit excessive. When the food arrived I took a bite and was immediately disgusted - the chicken was raw on the inside. I'm guessing my order was lost or the cook was on break because it doesn't take 20 minutes to plate up half cooked chicken.

I notified the waiter who seemed only slightly concerned. Instead of leaving me with my fries to snack on while I waited, he took the entire plate back to the kitchen. I waited several more minutes before I was presented with a shocker... The cook did not remake the sandwich! Instead, he put the chicken on the grill and cooked it the rest of the way and put it back on the same bun - my bite mark still present!! As if that wasn't bad enough, they didn't freshen the fries - I was served the same ones from earlier but now they were cold!

Nothing was done to compensate the grave mistake, and to this day I regret not calling the local health inspectors. Admittedly I didn't ask to speak to the manager, but for such a light crowd, I don't know how they missed this happening in the kitchen - no staff was in the dining room except for my waiter... maybe he was the manager. I will never return to JJ's again and would give it 0 stars had it been possible.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LH429
Glen Allen, Virginia
“Fun, casual, good food”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

JJ's on weekend night can get a little noisy after the music starts up and the music is usually great!!! Other times, JJ's offers a nice, casual, locals venue with good, reasonably priced food and friendly staff.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Debby S
Mechanicsville
“Relaxed & Friendly Atmosphere, Good Food & Fair Price”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

JJ's Grille is a local bar and grill located on the corner in the Cross Ridge Shopping Center and draws patrons from the metro area of Richmond. It provides a casual atmosphere - friendly hostess and wait staff - good service - broad menu, including steak, seafood and pasta, as well as appetizers, salads, burgers and sandwiches. Our group tried three different entrees - 8 oz. sirlion, liver & onions and chicken penne pesto, each of which were delicious! They boast a Happy Hour Monday - Saturday - specials are offered on menu items and drinks. If you're looking for a relaxed atmosphere, friendly patrons, good food at a fair price, try JJs Grille.

• Visited January 2013