“Great for gardeners”

Lavender Fields Herb Farm
Ranked #3 of 18 things to do in Glen Allen
Reviewed August 5, 2013

A lovely place for a day visit. It the springtime many vegetable plant are available for the home gardener. We stopped by had a ice cream and sat on a bench in the shade watching the river flow by. The folks working there seemed to enjoy their jobs and were willing to help out and answer any questions that came up. I understand the lavenders were destroyed last year due to a storm.

2  Thank long_green44

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I've been to this herb farm at least three times. I take family and friends there when they visit me. It has everything --classes, herbs galore with a very informative and helpful staff, and a place to lunch although I have not tried lunch there. I just simply enjoy going through the gardens and learning about herbs. I have tried recipes using their suggestions --quite tasty. You must try the lavender ice cream if they still have it. Also, go sit by the river for a spell. I go Saturday mornings before it gets too crowded.

1  Thank Mae L
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a cute little local farm to check out. Visited it when my husband and I had company in town. It is definitely worth stopping by to see if you are looking for something to do. There is also a cute little gift shop.

1  Thank ClaireHAS
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We think this place has promise. Someday, it will have all its flower plantings identified, and more than three growing lavender species to smell and admire. Nonetheless, for discerning gardeners, it's well worth a visit.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Today we attended the Herb Faire, my husband and I enjoyed a very nice lunch and strolled through the many rows of herbs and vegetables for sale. We attended several classes on beekeeping, successful gardening and container gardening. Everyone was most helpful and informative, and we came away with a new knowledge about growing herbs. Would definitely return.

2  Thank Dizymaus