“We Do Not Support This Hotel. My Family, Friends, community & Fellow Veterans”

Days Inn Glen Allen
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Simply Put … We received nothing but the worst service from this particular hotel during a recent stay in Glen Allen for a wedding. Their conversation, conduct & character do not match.

Room Tip: Concerns and issues range from mold, faulty wiring & staff babysitting during working hours on p...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank VeteranUSN

Reviewed August 23, 2011

I reserved 2 rooms for 2 nights for my family vaca. to BG and KD. We checked in Fri. night and the 1st room I opened the door and the smell of MOLD hit me in the face like a brick. Upon inspecting the smell I noticed a football sized circumfrence of wet mold on the rug under the mini fridge. In the wall adjoining the bathroom the floor in the bathroom and the rug by the bed in the room was soaked with water but no apparent leak. After dropping the bags I went to the desk to tell them we were leaving for dinner - the room smelled terrible and if they could go spot clean and deoderize the rug. Upon returning - I noticed it had not been touched I went back to the desk and was told "I am not sure what you want me to do I cannot give you another room" I said fine I wanted it cleaned that is why we left "my mgr. told me not to enter your room without u there, I left a note for housekeeping. Here is a can of air freshener for the smell". We ended up going back out and getting a box of baking soda to try and cover the area to help with the smell but it did not help. The 2nd room - there was no smoke detector - just wire's hanging from the ceiling - the hair dryer plug was broken (and had been for a while) when I pulled the plug from the socket to plug in my curling iron - one of the prongs remained in the plug and the other remained in the wall socket. (talk about fire hazard with no smoke detector in your room). There was a long black hair in my tub, if the tub were cleaned properly it would have been noticed as it was almost a foot in length. Breakfast on Sat. - there was no coffee and the cereal was stale - Sunday there was nothing but coffee and instant packet oatmeal (which I dont know how they expected us to make the oatmeal - with a styrofoam bowl and a microwave). The OWNER was RUDE!!!! only 1 staff member we came in contact with spoke good English. This was the WORST hotel I have ever stayed at. The only good thing was for the location of being directly on a main busy route and a 24hr. gas station next door it was rather quiet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We had two adults and 4 teenagers in our group and were going to Kings Dominion. This location is about 15 minutes from the park. We picked this hotel based on price and trip advisor reviews. It was perfect for our situation. We were able to get a KING room with an ajoining room that had 2 queen beds and the price was about $60/room making it very affordable. We stayed two nights. The room styles are adjequate and a bit dated, however for the price they were prefectly fine. The beds were very comfortable. Our room was the last in the building, first floor, along side the road out front. Surprisingly it was VERY quiet. I'm a light sleeper and had no issues with the noise. The kids room smelled a bit like clorox which wasn't great. Had we not needed the adjoining rooms I would have asked for a different room. The king room was fine. The employees were friendly. The breakfast was adequate and we ate it both mornings. Very simple with two cereals, choc donuts, toast, biscuits, oatmeal and bananas. They also had apple and orange juice, milk and coffee. It was good enough for us, but not quite as good as we see at other places (that we pay closer to $100/night for by the way). We felt safe at this location and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We found the rooms on expedia, but called the hotel directly to get the adjoining rooms. They honor...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We have stayed at this property when it was a HoJo, & now that it is a Day's Inn. We use it as a break in our drive from north of Pittsburgh to Virginia Beach.

It offers good value -- fairly clean room, a breakfast while, not anything special, gives us a jump on our final drive to the shore, & a good rate if booked on the 14 day non-refundable rate (same as AARP). Quiet area, good place to grab a meal & a good night's sleep.

Overall? For $60, beats driving straight through. Would also be a good staging area for budget travellers to the amusement park.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Very nice hotel for the price. The only problem I had was that I called at 7pm to confirm my reservation and to let them know I wouldn't be arriving until 11pm. When we got to our room it was more than 80 degrees because they didn't put the air-conditioning on. My wife complained but they simply said that they don't put the air-conditioning on. It felt very safe and the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Stayed here for one night on our way to Myrtle Beach. Easy access from I95. Hotel was very clean, beds comfortable. We arrived after midnight and checked in very easily. Breakfast was OK just toast, donuts, fruit, and rice krispies. We always bring our own cereal for the kids, so it worked out fine. Wi-fi did not work, but it was still a great value for what we needed. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2010

If you are looking for a clean, quiet and safe place to stay then this is it. My wife and I were in Richmond to visit family and friends. My wife and I found the hotel to be clean quiet. The continental breakfast was very minimal but there are some good places to eat like Waffle House, Aunt Sarahs Pancakes, Hardees, Shoneys and many others close by. This hotel is in a great location close to I-95 and I-64. Wal-mart is 2 blocks away and Va. Commons Mall is about 6 blocks away, convience store/gas station is next door and across the street and Ricmond is less than five minutes away. We plan to stay here whenever we go back to Richmond.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites Glen Allen
Comfort Suites Glen Allen
#10 of 23 in Glen Allen
Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook

Been to Days Inn Glen Allen? Share your experiences!