“Yummy!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Q Barbecue
Ranked #8 of 164 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Chesapeake, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I'm very picky about BBQ (raised on NC style) and I was very pleased with Q. The restaurant was clean and staff was very friendly. Free Wi-Fi

Visited February 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“This is very good BBQ and worth your time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am very glad we found Q BBQ. This location is nice, has lots of natural light and has a friendly, helpful staff. The place is so good that yes, we went there twice in one day (many, many hours apart).

Let's get to the ratings! First, the pork gets 4 out of 5 stars. Really well cooked and smoked. The brisket is even better with 4.5 stars. Brisket can easily be overcooked and this never is. The chicken, 4.5 stars. Same as the brisket, never overcooked, always moist and juicy and well seasoned. The ribs are 4.5 stars and leave great "bite marks". The meat does not fall off the bone, as it should not. It is smoked well and seasoned great. The Q salad with warm chicken is a 3.5 star meal.

The sides are well done. The beans get 4 stars, the hush puppies 5 stars (really, really well done), the slaw 3.5, the mac and cheese 4, corn pudding 3 (a little too sweet for me, almost a dessert) and onion rings, 4.

The sweet tea gets 4 stars and unlimited refills on a $2 investment. They also have Cheerwine ON TAP. Very cool.

Finally, the chocolate cream pie gets 5 stars. Just like I remember my mom making it.

Stop in, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2012
Ashland, Virginia
“Was expecting more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

To be honest i was expecting a whole lot more from a "top pitmaster". This is not a resturant by any means. you order. everything is seperate. meat, sides and desert. you take a number and and a seat and your meal is bought to the table and thats it. the drinks are self serve and there is not waiter of any kind. I had a 3 meat combo with a side. The onion rings were great but the portion was small. The ribs were dry but had a good smokey flavor but were not the fall off the bone kind that I am use to at other places. By the time I got to the pork and brisket they were cold. The pork was ok and the brisket was "ugh". I had to douse both with their zing sause so they would have flavor and if I had not been so hungry I would not have ate the brisket. To be honest there are much better places for BBQ in the area.

• Visited December 2012
pieforfive
“? Barbeque”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I should have known by the empty parking lot. Everything tastes the same. My husband and I split a chicken BBQ and a pork BBQ and they tasted the same...no taste. The hushpuppies are really thick and greasy. The beans and onion rings were preety good. Overall I would not go back.

Dallas, Texas
“Tasted GREAT! will come back again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I live about 2 miles away from this place. I found it by accident when I went to Baby's r us. My husband and I came in for take out because we were in a rush to go back home. We only had 10 minutes to spare. Came in, the restaurant was not very busy. The menu is simple, pork, beef or chicken, or pork ribs. Since I love bbq but don't eat pork, I picked the beef brisket plater, potato salad and french fries, they also gave me a roll. A gentlemen offered me any sauce and I choose hot (which to me was not all all hot) for about $10. The food was great, the service was great, they thank you for coming in. I would go back, thats for sure! there are other bbq place in the area too but this one is casual, not crowded. The place is very clean!

• Visited October 2012