“Lacking”

The Halligan Bar
Ranked #109 of 174 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Description: OUR MISSION DECLARATION We, The Halligan Bar and Grill, believe that as our friends, family and neighbors you deserve to reward yourself with a memorable experience in an ambiance inspired by heroes. Rescue the FUN!
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in at around 10:30, as I had just got into town and asked the front desk for somewhere that served food late. They sent me to Halligan. Upon arrival, I was greeted coldly. I asked for a menu and asked if they were still serving. The girl frowned and said "what time is it" and then said "yeah". 30 minutes later, they finally came back to get my order. Unfortunately, the food wasn't worth the wait and poor service. Don't bother trying it.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch on a Saturday. The restaraunt was busy, but not packed. I enjoyed the BBQ sandwich and sauce. The hushpuppies and homemade pickles are great! The service was excedingly slow. I do not blame the waitress, because she brought us the food as soon as it was available. The service may have been slow because Halligans was participating in the Chili Cookoff that day in Richond. I may go back, because of the food, I just hope the service is a bit quicker. This lunch could have been a five star.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I was seated between the bathrooms. It was stinky so I moved to the window. Ordered 2 meats and 2 sides - brisket was very tough, pulled pork was doused in vinegar, and cornbread was dry. I love BBQ and definitely wouldn't recommend it here. Sides were mashed potatoes and green beans - both ok. Overall, nothing to write home about! Average to below average. I stopped in because I found a parking spot right in front, but I wish I had taken a lap. Lots more restaurants in the center.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I live in the area and were looking for a Sunday brunch place, so we decided to give them a try. Very empty at about noon, which was a little concerning, but we actually had a good meal. They do $3.50 bloody marys and mimosas all day, and my bloody mary was very tasty. The portions are pretty generous - I had the BBQ omelet. The bbq and the sauce were really good. I would definitely go back there again.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

They had a lunch special where you could get a sandwich for $3, a side for $2 and a drink for $1 that was very good but that has ended. My friends and I will go there much less now, we liked the value!