“Premium Burgers at premium prices, and worth every penny.”
Review of Burgerworks

Burgerworks
Ranked #29 of 172 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 14, 2012

This place is all about the quality of the burger, and their burgers are generally top notch. The quality has so far been rock solid, and I have been going for several months.

The double chocolate milkshake is the best shake I have ever had at a burger joint, and it goes so well with the gouda /horseradish/baconey goodness of the burger known as "Da Bomb" that I can't help but order it every time.

Yes, the burgers are expensive. But the quality shows in the food. I'm glad there is a burger places that is focused on the quality and taste, because I don't eat red meat or burgers as often as I used to. When I do, I want them to be dead bang excellent. And so, when I want a burger and I don't want to make it myself, I go to Burgerworks.

2  Thank VASkeptic

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I could find Veggie burger and best part was they don't charge extra for toppings. Service is little slow but overall I am happy with quality of food for money spent.

1  Thank FoodLoverInd
Reviewed February 5, 2012

This is the ever-loving problem with this town...the price is all that matters. Look this place ain't cheap. It is a high quality burger at a premium price...the way it should be! When you bay 2 bucks for a burger you get crap...this ain't it. When you get a milkshake made with Hagen-Daz ice cream your going to pay extra for it. It is not a mcflurry. I love the white cheddar on my burger. The horseradish bacon mayo is great. These are premium items and I expect to pay extra for them. If you are cheap..this is not the place for you!!!!

8  Thank Richard M
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Went to check out the 'New' Burger place in town with some co-workers for lunch....didn't know I'd have to cash in some stock certificates to dine for lunch. Due to the costs, I ordered a Classic Burger with Cheese and an Iced Tea; the total cost was over $9.00. That's correct; burger and a tea $9. Most burgers are $7 and up; fries $3; and milkshakes (not large by any stretch) are $5 to give you an idea of price points. They do sell bision burgers for those interested.

To give credit, were credit is due: the staff appeared welcoming, clean and personable. The burger was very good, about on par with 5 Guys. The lettuce and condiments were noticably fresh. The atmosphere is a little noisy, but for most it won't be bothersome.

Overall, won't return - just not affordable. Price points are over market, which may put them in a difficult position to remain viable within 6-8 months.

1  Thank CJVA
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Awesome burgers, yes you pay more, but anyone who knows about beef quality and the source of the meat at this place will not complain. Comparing this place to a fast food burger is like comparing the Grand Canyon to a pothole. I also had the bison burger with the toppings I like, including real blue cheese and sauteed onions, another home run, lean, flavorful and a worthy counterpart to their beef. My wife got the veggie with portabello, avocado, grilled onions, almost enough to make me go veggie next time...almost. I've been here four times so far, and I can't complain about anything except a topping mix-up my last trip, but they quickly fixed it and offered us a free appetizer for the mistake. Wouldn't it be cool if the next famous burger franchise had its origins here in Richmond, VA? If this place keeps making food this good, it may not be such a stretch.

1  Thank Marcngin