“Great place to stay”

Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Coral Springs, Florida
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My father got married in Maine and wanted all his kids to be there to be a part of it. We decided to go the more cost-effective route of driving to Maine from Port Charlotte, FL rather than flying. My sister has a 2 year old son who we were bringing along and we didn't want to put him through the discomfort of sitting on a straight drive and wanted to have a point where her and I (the drivers on the journey) could get a little shut eye to avoid the risk of being affected by heavy eyelids on the highway. We plotted out the half-way point between Port Charlotte and Lincoln, Maine and settled on this property.

We stayed at this property both on the way to and on the way back from Maine, and we were all quite pleased with the stay. We only stayed the night each time and got up early the next morning to continue our seemingly never-ending drive so I can't really speak about the area or the amenities aside from what we experienced ourselves.

What I can say is that the room we had was clean and the beds were pretty comfortable. The staff was very friendly. I got to speak to the owner, Neil, and he was a super nice guy. My sister always brings a couple pillows with her when she travels and she forgot them in the room when we left the first time. She called the property from the road when she realized it and asked if they could hold on to the pillows for her since we would be making our way back through to stay there on the way back. Neil had the pillows waiting for us when we checked in on the way back.

I'd definitely stay at this property again in the future and would also recommend it to anyone passing through who needs a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DaveFrehley
ABVIGlenAllen, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Glen Allen/Richmond, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you very much and was a pleasure to serve your hotel needs and look forward to your future stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is not the Taj Mahal, but for $72 a night, got a nice big room, comfortable bed, good a/c unit. Pretty clean. OK, so the towels are cheap and thin, but otherwise, well worth the money for a quick, inexpensive rest stop on a trip!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LeguideParisien
Thank you for appreciating what we try to offer to all our guests and hope others will feel the same way!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 14, 2013

If you are looking for a $100 room, don't come here. If you are looking for a place to just sleep and go, this may be for you. My room was clean and the bed fairly comfortable. No frillls.

Owner was friendly and check in was a breeze.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MSGTBLM
As you have stated, we offer "Americas Best Value" and our Inn and appreciate your approval in this case!!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was travelling for business and this place was great! Prices were great, breakfast and in room coffee were excellent, and check out warm and friendly. Room was clean, bed comfortable, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and hair dryer all in excellent working condition. I highly recommend this location and wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank BClark46
ABVIGlenAllen, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Glen Allen/Richmond, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear BClark46,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, in-room coffee, and other amenities. Should you ever return to the area, we would love to have you as our guest.

Regards,
Neil-GM
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Glen Allen, VA
St. Stephens Church, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Filthy room! Electrical hazards! Radio on bed was sticky and disgusting. No fitted sheet on bed so I was exposed to who-knows-what that was on the mattress. Hair dryer was hanging off the wall and only worked for 2 minutes. Owner doesn't see my complaint as valid since I didn't complain at the time of my stay. I went online the very next day and complained. No one was available in the lobby when I left at 5:30am. There was no latch lock on the door. Since this room supposedly gets used once or twice a week my complaints are valid and are being ignored. I will never stay at this hotel again and I will be sure to let everyone know how disgusting it is.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank PamW234
PamW234,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review with us. I am deeply concerned about the issues you encountered during your stay. We do our best to ensure the satisfaction of each and every one of our guests. Unfortunately, we were not able to meet your expectations. Please know that we are renovating including new furniture, carpeting, and painting.

Regards,
Neil-Manager
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Glen Allen,VA

Travelers are raving about these Glen Allen hotels

Spring Lake, NC
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Check-In: Awesome. They were very warm and welcoming and the price was unbeatable! 44 bucks including tax!
Room: Wow... A king sized old school waterbed! Hubby and I had a blast! :) The furniture was dated but who cares? I don't expect luxury for budget prices. We had a decent place to sleep and money left in our pockets to enjoy Kings Dominion!
Breakfast: Variety of bagels with butter and cream cheese, a few different kinds of cereal, lots of yummy danish, juices, coffee, hot tea. Exactly what we needed to start our day. And the owners were kind enough to keep breakfast out late for us. They were very sweet! But if you want a hot breakfast, Aunt Jenny is right across the street with breakfast starting at 3.99. And there is a coupon on the counter at the hotel!
Overall: If you are looking for a cheap place to stay without a bunch of bells and whistles, then this is the place for or you. But if you are picky about your hotel accomadations(sp?) then I'd stay somewhere else that cost more.
Tonya

• Stayed July 2011
ABVIGlenAllen, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Glen Allen/Richmond, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
bcutie,

Thank you for sharing a traveler opinion with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our room with the king waterbed. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Kindest regards,
Neil-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Glen Allen, VA
westboro,ma
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Not having stayed at an America's Best Value, I don't know why but I figured it would be like a Comfort Suites or something....no, no, no! First, on the phone they said they had a room to accommodate 6, but when we got there they didn't...it was given away. So for about total $15 more we got 2 rooms, supposedly non smoking, but no, no, no....one I had to refuse due to the extremely heavy smell, but they got us another that was not so bad. I guess that is why they put stars on these hotels....got to listen to them sometimes. I guess if you had no where else to stay, and it was just to sleep, it's just ok, but I won't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank rtl36
ABVIGlenAllen, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Glen Allen/Richmond, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you as we also encourage always to make the reservations to guarantee the selection you require especially during the busy hotel seasons.

Sincerely....America's Best Value Inn Glen Allen
Candlewood Suites Glen Allen
Candlewood Suites Glen Allen
#10 of 23 in Glen Allen
Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Glen Allen/Richmond? Share your experiences!