“Great Value, Great Service, Great Location”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Glen Allen/Richmond
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Check-In: Awesome. They were very warm and welcoming and the price was unbeatable! 44 bucks including tax!
Room: Wow... A king sized old school waterbed! Hubby and I had a blast! :) The furniture was dated but who cares? I don't expect luxury for budget prices. We had a decent place to sleep and money left in our pockets to enjoy Kings Dominion!
Breakfast: Variety of bagels with butter and cream cheese, a few different kinds of cereal, lots of yummy danish, juices, coffee, hot tea. Exactly what we needed to start our day. And the owners were kind enough to keep breakfast out late for us. They were very sweet! But if you want a hot breakfast, Aunt Jenny is right across the street with breakfast starting at 3.99. And there is a coupon on the counter at the hotel!
Overall: If you are looking for a cheap place to stay without a bunch of bells and whistles, then this is the place for or you. But if you are picky about your hotel accomadations(sp?) then I'd stay somewhere else that cost more.
Tonya

• Stayed: July 2011
ABVIGlenAllen, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Glen Allen/Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

bcutie,

Thank you for sharing a traveler opinion with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our room with the king waterbed. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Kindest regards,
Neil-GM
Americas Best Value Inn-Glen Allen, VA

Reviewed August 28, 2010

Not having stayed at an America's Best Value, I don't know why but I figured it would be like a Comfort Suites or something....no, no, no! First, on the phone they said they had a room to accommodate 6, but when we got there they didn't...it was given away. So for about total $15 more we got 2 rooms, supposedly non smoking, but no, no, no....one I had to refuse due to the extremely heavy smell, but they got us another that was not so bad. I guess that is why they put stars on these hotels....got to listen to them sometimes. I guess if you had no where else to stay, and it was just to sleep, it's just ok, but I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank rtl36
ABVIGlenAllen, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Glen Allen/Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you as we also encourage always to make the reservations to guarantee the selection you require especially during the busy hotel seasons.

Sincerely....America's Best Value Inn Glen Allen

Reviewed February 16, 2010

We wound up at this hotel during the snowstorm that plagued Virginia and the mid atlantic recently, and we were on our way to Florida on I-95, but got caught in the blizzard conditions on the road, and were forced to stop at this exit once it got dark, and found this hotel.
I never saw the hotel in daylight, as we got there when it was dark, and left early in the morning, but it seemed average. While certainly not a five star hotel by any stretch, it wasn't the worst either. It was fine for it's purpose, a place to sleep.
The room was clean, although a bit older. The desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. It had a refrigerator and micro, but we didn't use them, as we were only there for the night. I guess the refrigerator had seen better days. The beds were comfortable, but had a plastic sheet between the real sheet and the matress, and that slid a lot.
All in all I would rate the experience as average. Great staff, clean, and quiet for the night.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rojo1664

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Sincerely...Americas Best Value Inn Glen Allen

Reviewed April 23, 2008

I booked this hotel online and after reading the reviews, I was in double mind - whether to change the hotel or not..

When I called, the lady convienced me that things are changing and she was ready to take the payment after I look at the room.

The room was clean, way better than other hotels. It smelled smokey however.. I complained and she changed my room immediately. And it was really a very good room.

People are friendly there and gave me rollover even when I forgot to request online.

Breakfast was really nice with waffles and everything.

I asked the manager about the reviews online and came to know that they have been trying to change the situation.

This hotel is easy to find as well.

I am giving 4 stars (not 5) somply because I prefer to stay in an interior property and this was exterior.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 25, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the weekend of the Nascar races, so we booked the hotel based on price. It was not by any means cheap, but it was within our budget. When we got there the lady at the desk told us we had the best room in the place so I felt a little better( I'm not a big fan of hotels), but when we got to our room I was blown away! The room smelled stale, there was dirt all over the fridge and both microwaves in our room had an out of order sign on them(not that I would have used them anyway because they looked like they had NEVER been cleaned!) The floor in the bathroom was filthy as was the shower, and the sheets, bedspread, and towels were stained and hard! If that was the best room I'd hate to see the other rooms! We'll never go back there!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank ChellNScott
A TripAdvisor Member
delaware
Reviewed November 10, 2005

Very disappointed in the cleanliness of the room. It could use a good cleaning like spring cleaning. Refrigerator was dirty on the outside and the mic as well. You could see dirt on the edge of the carpet around the walls. The bed mattress needs to be replaced and the pillows were flat. As far as the staff we found them very friendly. I would not consider staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
turnersville, NJ
Reviewed July 12, 2005

This hotel advertises that it is new. It is really an old dump. Things are not clean. Supplies are handed out with great reluctance even though you are paying a normal hotel charge similar to a Hampton Inn.

The put very little food out in the morning and refuse to restock the breakfast without begging.

Jusy plain awful.!!

Comfort Suites Glen Allen
#8 of 23 in Glen Allen
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center
SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center

Been to Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Glen Allen/Richmond? Share your experiences!