“Clean, quiet, country-club-ish”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
New York City, New York
“Clean, quiet, country-club-ish”
Reviewed July 26, 2010

We got a queen/queen room here on Priceline for $64/night and felt like we'd hit the jackpot. The hotel, a former corporate site surrounded by a golf course, has a country club vibe, low-rise brick buildings around a u-shaped drive, pool, volleyball net, basketball hoop, formal dining room and 'tavern.' It's right off I-95 but you'd never know that from the quiet grounds. It's a bit of a drive to downtown Richmond, maybe 20 minutes, but it was nicer than a downtown hotel for our weekend. The pool was small, but open late for evening swims.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
RKNelson, Manager at Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
Thank you for the kind words about Wyndham Virginia Crossings. We're so glad you discovered our property. In spite of our accessible location we do have a relaxed, 'country club vibe' (well put) and happy to know you and your family enjoyed your stay. By the way, if you're a golfer, The Crossings is a very enjoyable and reasonably priced golf course. Great fun for the whole family.

We do hope the next time you visit Richmond or Glen Allen, you once again select Wyndham Virginia Crossings.

Safe Travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I was visiting the Richmond, Virginia, area after having moved away a couple of years ago. I had lived there for nearly 20 years, and I was surprised that I hadn't heard of this gem before. I booked this hotel online based on price and availability, as well as the positive reviews written by other travelers, and I was not disappointed. What an absolutely delightful experience!

I was a guest there for 4 nights, and I truly have nothing negative to say. The facility itself is lovely, well-kept and exudes old Virginia charm. The room was large, clean and well appointed, and the air conditioning worked beautifully (which was good, as it was unusually hot for June in Richmond).

During my stay I needed to use the business center; it was more than adequate and easily reachable via unique tunnels that connect the 3 buildings that make up the complex. Room service was great, and the price was very reasonable. The location of the hotel is a bit off the beaten path, but it is easily accessible either by interstate or surface roads. It's close to shopping, dining, and local historic sites without being in a highly congested area (like the traffic nightmare Short Pump has become -- for those of you familiar with Richmond.)

I will definitely stay there again on my next visit. Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
RKNelson, General Manager at Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
Thank you for your enthusiastic recommendation of Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel and Conference Center. Your comments concerning our property including our rooms - large, clean, well appointed and cool (especially during the summer as you point out), in-room dining - "great', and experience - "delightful" will be shared with our exceptional staff. Many guests have echoed your comments on our location as well - "close to shopping, dining, history and near Richmond" but accessible and not in the midst of traffic congestion.

We do hope it won't be 20 years between your next visit to Richmond - and when you do return, please come and stay with us again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The grounds were absolutely beautiful, the staff (Barbara and Fatimah) was courteous and accommodating. Chamber music was playing on the grounds - lending to the serene ambiance. The food was delicious.
I had a business report to complete and the business center provided free internet, computers, printing, faxing and - even a shredder. Couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
All of the staff at Wyndham Virginia Crossings thank you for you wonderful review of our hotel. I will pass your kudos along to everyone, most notably, Barbara and Fatimah - two of our very best! I'll also be certain to pass along your culinary compliments to the chef.

We do hope the next time you're in Richmond you return once again to Wyndham Virginia Crossings.

Buena Vista
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Very pleased with property and staff. My neighbor and I decided to take a three day trip to the area with two young children. We had booked another hotel closer to the attractions we planned on frequenting prior to doing a bedbug report. After our findings it was imperative to find clean and comfortable lodgings. This hotel exceeded my expectations for the value. I must say that EVERY staff member was professional--Joy, Fatimah, Jason, our other housekeeper who helped me with my Spanish...Thank you!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you, your neighbor and your two children for selecting Wyndham Virginia Crossings during your recent trip to the Richmond area. We're please to know that we exceeded your expectations. We have a wonderful staff at our hotel and want to thank you for taking time to give special recognition for the service recieved. In particular, I'll let Joy, Fatimah, Jason and the housekeeping staff know how much you enjoyed your stay - and your spanish lesson as well!

Please come back and see us the next time you visit Richmond or Glen Allen, Virginia.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Our LSS, Memories Galore, decided to switch venues for their Summer 2009 Scrapbook Retreat and they choose this hotel. That summer was my first time over there and as everyone has mentioned the grounds were lovely and well taken cared of. The property has seen better days ( maybe a new paint job would do the job) but the ambience will transport you to the past. It is so serene and quiet. I was on the 4th floor and our room was spacious. It might need some updating here and there but it was clean. The bed was so comfy and my pillows were so fluffy i could just jump in and disappear. The linen were clean and crisp. Something I'd wish to have at home. There were 110+ attendees to the retreat and we treated well and pampered. The buffet, 5 meals all in all from Friday to Sunday, was a culinary delight! The ballroom was dedicated to the retreat for the next 54 hours and the attendants were always replenishing our "bars" with soda, coffee, tea, H20 and lots of snack items etc. The staff were all friendly and accommodating. From the front desk to housekeeping, wait staff and chefs. We came back to this venue for the winter retreat ( Jan 2010) and will be back again this summer, July 2010, for the third time. If this place wasn't that good, we won't be back. Now I am looking forward to all those fluffy pillows, comfy bed, clean and crisp linen, spacious and clean room and most of all, the buffet! They have that seafood buffet that will satisfy the most demanding of appetites. I just hope that this time they will spare one of co-owners of MG a headache and nosebleed and provide her with a real bed instead of a foldaway bed they did in the winter. See you there ladies and looking forward to a weekend of scrappy heaven. Heads up to GM, be nice to the ladies, specially to our dear co-owner.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 27, 2010

I made a mistake on my reservation and accidentally reserved my room for the wrong date. It was my mistake. When I arrived the front desk attendant was exceptionally and unnecessarily rude, and very curt, even though there were no other guests waiting. What should have been a situation that was easy to resolve (there were plenty of empty rooms) turned into a somewhat humiliating ordeal.

The property itself is quite lovely, and the facilities are what you would expect from a 4-star hotel. However, after being treated this way I would not recommend this property to anyone.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pcumby
RKNelson, General Manager at Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. It is our intention at Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center to provide guests with an exceptional experience from the moment they arrive on our property. I sincerely apololigize for not fulfilling that promise of great service. We will immediately review your concerns and I'm certain, be better for it. This is a wonderful hotel with an excellent staff. We hope that in spite of your recent experience at Wyndham Virginia Crossings, the next time you visit Richmond or Glen Allen, Virginia you will consider returning to our hotel. Thank you once again for taking time to write.
waltham, ma
Reviewed January 23, 2010

For the price I paid online it was a gem. I was very comfortable and everything was four stars. I loved the area since it was surrounded by lots of trees, hills, nice golf course. The hotel itself was very nice and historic. Your right around the corner from everything!!! All kinds of restaurants, shops, mall, gas station, everything. Glen Allen is one of my favorite spots in VA.

• Liked — views
  • Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Virginia-Crossings, Director of Sales & Marketing at Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2010
Thank you for the kind words. You summed up many of the positive attributes not only of Wyndham Virginia Crossings but of Glen Allen as well. I hope you are able to visit again and be able to enjoy our outdoor pool and whirlpool when the season allows!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
The Westin Richmond
The Westin Richmond
#2 of 81 in Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside

Been to Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!