Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed August 19, 2013

WOW!! I work within the hospitality industry and have very high standards. I checked into the Wyndham Crossing for a little R & R. I was impressed from start to finish. First off I had several changes to my itinerary and talked to Megan by phone before my arrival. She was professional and friendly and never made me feel that I inconvenienced her. Then I met Jessica at check in. What a smile and winning customer service from her! She called to make sure my room was OK. The rooms and common areas were super clean. Jessica at the Tavern met me twice and even remembered my name. The lady overseeing the buffet was also incredible. I cannot say enough true and wonderful things about this hotel. It has a resort feel and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Bob N, General Manager at Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

WOW! What a great review. Thank you for taking time to write and personally recognize members of our staff for providing exceptional service. This is an outstanding hospitality team comprised of really nice, hardworking professionals. I will be certain to share your kind words with them and I know they will be excited that their efforts were appreciated. By the way, the woman's name at the buffet was Romelia. We're happy to know that you "can't wait" to return. Well, we too are excited about the prospect of a return visit. Until you do, safe travels.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Bob N, General Manager at Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The property is very nice with an old style flavor. Golf course adjacent with a nice lake for walking. The room was nice and clean. My only complaint is that, as an older property, the elevators are insufficient and the exterior doors closing are extremely loud. I had a room near the exit to the parking area, and it was very annoying. I would suggest some type of closure mechanism that would lessen the noise and vibration. Very convenient location just off the highway.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near exterior doors or elevators.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Bob N, General Manager at Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thank you for your review of Wyndham Virginia Crossings. We are definately not your conventional high rise hotel and I'm certain you recognized that as soon as you passed through our gated entrance. Not including the golf course, we feature over 20 acres of beautifully landscaped lawns, gardens and courtyards. A great place to witness our rolling Viginia acreage is at The Crossings Pergola that ioverlooks The Crossings Golf Course and some of the Yellow Tavern Civil War battlefield. Sunrise is partcularly memorable. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your time with us. I will pass along your comments about our door closures to our engineering department for review. Thank you for pointing that out. We look forward to your next visit. Safe travels.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location, you would never know you were near a busy city as it is so peaceful. The grounds are beautiful, the staff treat you like family and the food is fantastic. I cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are in a perfect !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful review of Wyndham Virginia Crossings and for pointing out our "perfect location". We like to think that we're close to everything (including Richmond and all major interstates) and yet a world apart. We have a wonderful staff that loves to provide sincere, CountOnMe service and I'm happy to know that, for you, we succeeded. I will also pass along your compliments to the Chef ... Chef Ivan Coleman that is, and let him know that his food was "fantastic". We do look forward to your next visit and we'd love to have you “live here" - at least for a few days! Safe travels.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Bob N, General Manager at Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
#6 of 23 in Glen Allen
Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook

Been to Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton

Address: 1000 Virginia Center Pkwy, Glen Allen, VA 23059-4571 (Formerly Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center)
Location: United States > Virginia > Glen Allen
#2 Romantic Hotel in Glen Allen
#2 Family Hotel in Glen Allen
#2 Best Value Hotel in Glen Allen
#4 Business Hotel in Glen Allen
Price Range: $94 - $157 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton 3.5*
Find peacefulness and relaxation at our retreat-like setting with an extensive 20-acre green space. Host unforgettable meetings with best-of-class conference rooms and state-of-the-art technology, go golfing across the way at The Crossings Golf Club, or visit downtown Richmond and explore the sights. There’s a reason we’ve been rated 4 Diamond for 12 consecutive years. Discover what’s in store at Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel Glen Allen