“unfriendly front desk staff”

Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The registration area was not clearly marked. I came early to do the paperwork to check in, but was told no. I did not want to go to the room. I was not accommodated. I had requested a refrigerator but it was not in my room and had to request it a second time. The TV quit working 2 times, but the repairman was very nice and friendly
The restaurant is reasonably priced with average to good food. The grounds are well kept. Just did not appreciate the front desk staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Bob N, General Manager at Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. First, let me apologize for your experience at registration. Upon recieving your review, we immediatly discussed with our staff because that initial introduction to the property is so critical and, in your case, we fell short. Our's is a wonderful staff who take their resposibilities seriously when it comes to guest satisfaction. This is simply not our 'style' and I can promise, if you decide to return one day, a much better experience. Thank you and safe travels.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at this property this past weekend. Nothing about my stay was HORRIBLE, but it wasn't fantastic either. We checked in right at four and the girl at the front desk was more concerned with the wedding they were hosting rather then checking us in. That is my only real complaint about the front desk. Every other encounter with them was pleasant. Room service was horribly expensive for just mediocre food. The pool area was absolutely beautiful, though confusing to navigate how to get there. It rained during our trip and the cable went out THREE TIMES! The area surrounding this hotel is ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! It is not only difficult to navigate but there's nothing worth seeing nearby! The location of this beautiful hotel is not ideal. Richmond itself is completely awful with nothing to do, plenty of 'off color people' and filth. I was not amused. If you're planning a trip to kings dominion this location is ideal because it is only about 20* minutes away. But don't bring your kids to this hotel because the halls echo and we were aske to 'shush' numerous times. Reading these reviews I was expecting a lot different then what I saw. I hope I could shed some light.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for writing and sharing your thoughts. Not every hotel is right for every guest; however, most find our location perfect for exploring both Richmond and Central Virginia. Just 15 minutes from downtown Richmond and hour to Williamsburg (east) and the Blue Ridge (west) and, as you point out, minutes away from King's Dominion Amusement Park. We also have a gated entrance and 20 beautifully landscaped acres that allow families (kids included) to continue their adventures after returning to the hotel – pool, fitness center, basketball and volleyball courts, putting green, gardens, courtyards and restaurants. While I respect your opinion, I do feel compelled to offer another opinion of Richmond. It's a lovely city with a rich history and friendly people. There are also world class museums, great restaurants and shopping, beautiful gardens, impressive architecture and even class 4 rapids on the James River. I'm sorry you didn't discover this side of Richmond. We do apologize for the loss of cable during your stay but unfortunately we had some severe storms and did our best to restore service quickly. Again, thank you for your business. Safe travels.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My Wife and I were looking for a nice and clean place to stay on our trip through VA. I wanted something nice, but not $150 a night. I looked up this Hotel online and because of the awesome setting and price I decided to give it a chance. I was VERY pleased with this Hotel stay, the grounds were beautiful, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast buffet was delicious. I wish I had more time to relax on our stay because with the gardens, golf course, pool and pub on the property this place makes for a great getaway or long break on your trip. I WILL stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us on your trip through 'The Commonwealth'. All of us at Wyndham Virginia Crossings were excited and pleased that you enjoyed your experience. Like you, many who discover our hotel are impressed with our 20 beautifully landscaped acres and historic architecture. However, the hotel infrastructure is thorough modern and provides guest with every convenience. We think it's the perfect balance between form and function. We're happy to know that you would return and we hope that you do. Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 10, 2013

First things first. When I checked it felt like the room was not well prepared for our arrival. The AC was not working and we had to call the front desk to get it fixed. The engineer was not on the property and the security guard had to come and fix it up. However, otherwise, my experience was decent. The property gives a good feeling (old style grandeur) about it. The rooms were up to the mark and the beds were comfy. The property has some options on site (so you don"t have to leave the hotel) like golf, swimming pool, spa, and two restaurants.
I would rank it somewhere between 3 and 4 (definitely above the average but just a little short of 4). Would probably visit it again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay at Wyndham Virginia Crossings and for pointing out some of the things that make us different. For those seeking a "Virginia" experience, our hotel does have and "old style grandeur" and with our many guest amenities (pool, spa, restaurants, gardens, golf course) it does feel like a resort rather than just a hotel. We are in the midst of a renovation of our rooms (a few at a time so as not to impact the guest experience) so we do hope you return to witness our progress. Until then, thanks again for your business and safe travels.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Bob N, General Manager at Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Reviewed June 5, 2013

#3 of 82 in Richmond
The Berkeley Hotel
The Berkeley Hotel
#8 of 82 in Richmond

Been to Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!