Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I was very nervous after reading the reviews, but this was one of few hotels over Memorial Day weekend that had availability with 2 double beds. We booked 3 rooms, total of 5 adults - parents and grandparents, and 5 children. We experienced excellent service. My parents room had a few issues - air conditioning and tv remote not working, the repair man was at their room immediately to fix. The pool was very nice and refreshing, it was over 90 degrees each day so I was happy that the pool was outdoors. The rooms did not have refrigerators in them, which would have been nice. The courtyard was enjoyable in the mornings to read and talk, classical music was always playing. The grounds were beautiful, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
RKNelson, General Manager at Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2011

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts. I'm please to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we responded quickly to your requests for service. We find that many families appreciate our spacious grounds and serene setting.

For future reference, we will be making some exciting new improvements to the property including a Yellow Tavern Battlefield overlook, Jefferson Gardens (featuring flower beds designed like Monticello), a new restaurant and magnificent deck area with fire pit ... overlooking our newly landscaped pool and even a putting green area right off the courtyard. Work will continue throughout the year and is designed not to impact our current guests. Hopefully you'll have the chance to come back and see all the changes!

Again thank you for your kind words and we do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2011

The hotel is clean but it is not a hotel for kids or great service. It took me 20 minutes just to check in. The front desk employees were rude!! This place is also very old. There is no indoor pool, and let's face it that is what kids want. This hotel is not worth the money. There are better hotels in this area that at least have good service and an indoor pool. I would not recommend this hotel. I would not want to get married in this horrible place. This is the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I do a lot of business in Richmond and I will not be returning to this hotel. Also, I never write reviews but felt compelled to do this to prevent other travelers from a really bad experience.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank momandkids4
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Beautiful grounds, nice rooms, very posh. A little aged, and not as contemporary as some chain hotels. This is a hotel that is geared toward two areas: being a golf resort, and/or a gathering place for reunions or weddings. We went to the Yellow Tavern for dinner (b/c the Glen is not open for dinner on weekends), and it was overwhelmed by a wedding party that was there. Only the one waitress, and one bartender. Food was pricey, and not very plentiful or tasty. I really felt sorry for the one and only waitress who was basically having to sprint from table to table. Other than that, it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2011

If you look at the website you are quick to marvel at the beauty of this location. It's not all that special. The first thing you find out is that you register in one building, then drive to another to park your car and walk to your room and then if you wish to have a drink or a bite to eat, you have to walk outside to another building. If the weather is inclement - you have an issue!

The rooms were nothing special, but they were clean. Breakfast is a buffet and expensive for what they offer. The lounge was comfortable with plenty of TV sets tuned in to a number of sporting events. I went elsewhere for dinner so I can't speak to the evening meal. A fellow at the bar did make a not so nice comment though about his undercooked appetizers.

This is a spot for conferences, not for business travel as a solo traveler.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2011

We just left Virginia Crossings. The grounds were amazing, the main building was so gorgeous we were almost scared to walk through it. It smelled wonderful, there was a roaring fire and friendly staff-each and every one there smiled and said hello. The front desk help was extremely friendly. We were in town for a funeral and she got us into our room earlier than check in normally is to rest. The room was in a seperate building-which some people may not like if they don't want quietness-but we loved it. The privacy was great. The room was clean and we had everything we needed. The bed was the most comfortable bed with the best pillows and comforter I have ever slept in. The views from the room were calm and peaceful. Even the bath products provided were above average-they were by Bath and Bodyworks. After reading about the tunnels creeping out some reviewers we decided to go exploring. After what I read I was almost dissapointed-they weren't creepy at all! They were very nice over such a cold weekend! My only complaint was it is hard to stay in a hotel where in the morning I can't just walk to the lobby for a cup of fresh coffee. The room does have its own coffee maker but it would be nice if each buildings lobby had coffee in the morning. We will definently return many times to 'escape' life and relax. Now we are on the way to try and buy some pillows comparable to Virginia Crossing's so we can try and replicate their comfort!

• Stayed: January 2011
RKNelson, General Manager at Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

Thank you for the very enthusiastic review of Wyndham Virginia Crossings. I have shared your remarks with our staff and they are excited to know you had such a great time. I believe your review touched on just everything from our Glenn and Yellow Tavern Restaurants complete with roaring fireplace, our beautifully landscaped grounds, our comfortable and spacious guest rooms and even our tunnels! By the way, we are considering transforming those tunnels into an historical art gallery. What I'm most pleased about is that you found our staff to be so hospitable - 'each and everyone smiled and said hello'. That comment alone put an even bigger smile on our faces,

Thanks again for taking time to write and we look forward to your next visit to Wyndham Virginia Crossings. Pure Virginia.

Safe Travels.

Bob Nelson

Reviewed January 12, 2011

I was so disappointed with the service. one staff at reception who answered many phones but let me wait 20 minutes to check-in. No bell service Guess what! the same again at check-out. No other guest yet I had to wait until the phones at reception stopped ringing. Stay there if you have a lot of time and you don't expect any service

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
RKNelson, General Manager at Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2011

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Wyndham Virginia Crossings. Of course, I'm disappointed you did not experience the excellent level of service for which our hotel is known. I want to assure you that we take your comments very seriously and I will personally discuss the matter with our Front Desk team this afternoon. We really do appreciate your business and do hope that you will consider Wyndham Virginia Crossings when next you visit Richmond. Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Reviewed January 6, 2011

My goodness, If I could tell the World to check this place out, I would! My husband and I have stayed here twice, and each time everything was perfect! The buffet in the mornings at the BEAUTIFUL restaurant is fantastic and they make a mean omelette, yum! However I'm most impressed with the room, GREAT SHOWER, GREAT BEDS AND PILLOWS, FLAT SCREEN TV, GREAT INTERNET SERVICE FOR FREE, COMPLIMENTARY SPRING WATER, HUGE SPACIOUS BATHROOMS AND FOR THE LADIES, A MOUNTED MAGNIFYING MIRROW ON THE WALL! I give this hotel 5 stars and for the price, you just can't beat it! Yes, it's quiet, but that's awesome for me, I have 7 children!:)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
RKNelson, General Manager at Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2011

Thank you for your 'AMAZING' review of our property. All of us here at Wyndham Virginia Crossings appreciate you taking time to provide other potential guests a most flattering description of our property. Our spacious, well appointed accomodations frequently recieve high praise especially when it comes to value. Although we are rated as one of 4 Four Diamond hotels in the Richmond area we will gladly accept your 5 Star ranking. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
#6 of 23 in Glen Allen
Hyatt Place Richmond/Innsbrook

Been to Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton

Address: 1000 Virginia Center Pkwy, Glen Allen, VA 23059-4571 (Formerly Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center)
Location: United States > Virginia > Glen Allen
#2 Best Value Hotel in Glen Allen
#2 Romantic Hotel in Glen Allen
#2 Family Hotel in Glen Allen
#4 Business Hotel in Glen Allen
Price Range: $94 - $157 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton 3.5*
Find peacefulness and relaxation at our retreat-like setting with an extensive 20-acre green space. Host unforgettable meetings with best-of-class conference rooms and state-of-the-art technology, go golfing across the way at The Crossings Golf Club, or visit downtown Richmond and explore the sights. There’s a reason we’ve been rated 4 Diamond for 12 consecutive years. Discover what’s in store at Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Virginia Crossings Hotel Glen Allen