“Nice hotel but......”

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Blackstone, Va
“Nice hotel but......”
Reviewed January 1, 2007

I had to take the GRE early Saturday morning and needed a nice place to stay, so I did some research on TripAdvisor.com and decided on this Hilton Garden Inn. It is easy to get to, and has a very beautiful lobby. The parking is a little tight--the spaces are a touch narrow, but close to the building which I prefer. Check was nice and quick, and I was looking forward to eating in the restaurant or having room service because I just did not feel like going out. But, contrary to the hotel website, the restaurant is closed on the weekends--so, if you're planning on staying there during a weekend, do not plan on room service. That should be addressed on their site--it is misleading, and I seriously considered leaving and going to the Marriott--but I was worried I wouldn't be able to find it. Anyway, my room, a King Whirlpool Suite, was very clean and very spacious. It had a microwave and a min-fridge, and a very comfortable chair with matching ottoman. The room was very nice--but I was disappointed that this hotel does not yet have the down comforters, which would have been a very nice touch. The bathroom was very large, and the tub, while just the usual whirlpool tub, was nice and large and welcome after having to go out for supper--but when I turned the jets on, my beautiful clear and clean water became slightly gray. Not too appealing, and I cut my bath pretty short after that. In the morning I took a bath, no jets and I was very happy with that.
My biggest complaint about the hotel is their wake up call system. Normally, one calls down to the front desk, but here you punch the time in yourself--frankly, that unnerves me. Secondly, the alarm clock is weird and I had trouble with it. I resorted to using my cell phone alarm, but I was so nervous about something not working that I did not sleep well.
All in all, a nice hotel, but if I have to get up early and I want room service, not the place for me.

• Liked — The lobby was stunning
  • Disliked — The restaurant is not open on weekends, but the website did not indicate that. Jets in whirlpool turned water gray. YUCK!!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank jcbcode99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Virginia
Reviewed August 6, 2005

My husband and I decided we needed a well deserved weekend away from the ordinary so we took a trip to Glen Allen and stayed at the Garden Inn Hilton. We had a lovely time relaxing on the kind size bed and sipping the champagne that came along with the romantic package. Oh, the chocolates were just as great. The staff at the hotel were outstanding. The breakfast (also included in the package) was a great start to the day. I would cot stay anywhere else but this hotel the next time I visit the area. Oh, if you get a chance, visit the Funny Bone Comedy Club. We left with tears in our eyes and a busted gut after spending the evening there.

• Stayed August 2005
8 Thank deenchel
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 27, 2004

I stayed here in May 2004 and loved being there. The room was large, clean and beautifully appointed. The staff was, in a word, superb. It's not often that I take the time to write to a hotel's general manager but, in this case, the staff was so good and dedicated to service, I had to tell him. I travel a lot on business and you never cease to be amazed at great hotels that suck and smaller chain hotels that rise above and give you great value.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
York, PA
Reviewed January 31, 2004

I was very impressed with this outstanding hotel. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The staff was very polite and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

8 Thank ScottyDoo
HYATT House Richmond-West
HYATT House Richmond-West
#5 of 82 in Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook? Share your experiences!