“Great Property” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Completely remodeled and gorgeous. Fantastic Marriott bedding, ammenities and service. Benisa, the GM, is a professional. The staff is friendly and courteous. The pool is great. Fitness center is awesome and the partnership with the Anytime Fitness across the street is a nice addition if you want more than what's in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeffrey A, Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, we are delighted to serve you and hope to you choose the Springhill Suites Richmond Virginia Center during your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Harrisonburg, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night while attending Legofest at the Convention Center which my 7-year old was extremely excited about. Like most kids probably, he loves staying in hotels especially where there is a pool! We were not able to taken advantage of the pool at the hotel this weekend as the pump was down and a new one had to be ordered. The staff was not overly friendly except for the breakfast hostess who was great! She remembered guests who had been there before and who were there on long stays and was especially accommodating to everyone.
Front desk staff went missing when I went to complain about conditions of the sofa bed (after calling the desk and getting no answer.) There were food wrappers, crumbs and even cigar wrappers in the bed. There were no linens in the bag for the sofa bed only a mattress cover and bedspread. When my husband went to ask for some, the staff made him feel like an idiot and questioned whether he looked thoroughly enough for them. We also asked for an extra pillow but were told to "use one of the four on the bed". Wow! Really? We can't have an extra pillow?

I am a Marriott loyalist and while the hotel was nice at a glance, the condition of the sofa bed made me scrutinize everything. I wish when we had checked in, someone would have spoken up and said "the pool is down" as we might have driven down a block to the next Marriott-brand hotel to better accommodate my son.

We were given a $25 discount on our room when we checked out, but only after complaining one final time as it seems no one had relayed my complaint from the night before to the manager as promised. My husband, who is the most laid-back person I know, gives everyone the benefit of the doubt but he says that one particular member of the front desk staff was just plain "rude" and although we travel to this area often, my husband's vote is that we scratch this location off of our list of places to stay. We had stayed here before without our son and things went better, but I guess as parents you are a little more sensitive when traveling with your family. Yet, I am sure that a simple smile and sincere courtesy from the staff would have made all of these things seem minor.

Additionally. . .and this may just be a Marriott promotion. . .when we booked, we had a package that offered "free" breakfast and a $5 gift card for the Market Shop in the hotel. Breakfast is always free here but we did not get our gift card. If I had remembered, I may have asked for it.

I emailed the manager this morning, but go no response but did notice that they do take time to post on this site so maybe this is a better format to reach them.

Room Tip: Rooms are listed as "suites" but "studio" may be better description as they are...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Miriam N, Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that our hotel did not meet the expectations you had in mind. Please email me so I can address your concerns. This is definitely not a norm for our hotel. We hope to serve you again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere that was more quiet. I have sleep issues but could not hear anything from the neighboring rooms. I had no issues with the water pressure and there was plenty of hot water. The staff was nice and friendly. We took advantage of the little market for some cold drinks. The fitness room was very nice-2 treadmills, an elliptical, and bikes. They even had dumbbells. I am not much for breakfast-give me yogurt and I am good to go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
RICSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay. We are hoping to house you during your future travels to the area. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We spent a night here as we were driving up towards the North East. The GPS tried to confuse us but the hotel is visible from a distance and it was not difficult to drive to. The suite was comfortable. The staff was helpful. We did not go out for dinner, instead ordered some take out food. The breakfast next morning was good. They don't have WiFi in the room and that may be a problem for some. But if you don't mind sitting at the study table then the speed is good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RICSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback on your stay. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to accomodate you during your future travels to the area. We actually do offer Wi-Fi in the guest rooms and i am sorry that you were not able to connect to it from your room during your stay. Please contact the hotel directly, if we can be of any further assistance.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here one night for business. They were very accomodating, including calling a restaurant to see if they had WIFI for me.
The breakfast was decent... what you would expect, waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, etc. but clean and they even picked up my dishes for me. Free wi-fi.

Many of the people who stayed there were on first name basis with the staff- showing people like the place and are willing to return... I know I will.

Room Tip: If you pick a room on the back side away from the road.. there will be a little less noise, although...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RICSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to your future visit to the area.
Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This Springhill Suites hotel had mixed reviews. The staff was pleasent, and the room looked modern. The breakfast was like any other springhill suites, but if you like waffles, the have cinnamon waffles there too. My only complaint was the horrible water pressure, not Marriott quality. There is a super 8 that i've stayed at that was much better. We went to kings dominion also. Overall this hotel was average, if you are going to kings dominion it is 20 minutes away from the hotel. I do not know if i will stay here again or not.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We apologize for any inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. Please contact the hotel directly if you have any further questions or concerns.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

I recently stayed at Springhill Suites on business for a couple of days. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and ideal for a business traveler. The hotel happens to be situated right off of I-95, so accessibility from a main road is easy and safe. There is complimentary WIFI throughout the building so getting work done is pretty effortless. The staff is very nice and will be glad to assist you in any way possible.
This hotel offered dinners on two of the nights that we stayed there, I thought that was a nice touch! Springhill Suites Richmond Virginia Center continues to offer everything that Marriott guests love about staying with Marriott! Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JOE1005
RICSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and comments on your stay. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to accomodate you during your future travels to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center
Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
BEST WESTERN PLUS Glen Allen Inn

Been to SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center? Share your experiences!