“Great for Business Travel”

SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I recently stayed at Springhill Suites on business for a couple of days. The hotel is clean, comfortable, and ideal for a business traveler. The hotel happens to be situated right off of I-95, so accessibility from a main road is easy and safe. There is complimentary WIFI throughout the building so getting work done is pretty effortless. The staff is very nice and will be glad to assist you in any way possible.
This hotel offered dinners on two of the nights that we stayed there, I thought that was a nice touch! Springhill Suites Richmond Virginia Center continues to offer everything that Marriott guests love about staying with Marriott! Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JOE1005
RICSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and comments on your stay. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are looking forward to accomodate you during your future travels to the area.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday). I called the hotel prior to my arrival to confirm some reservation details, so we would be all set. Upon arrival, the first thing I noticed was how clean and fresh the hotel looked. The lobby was bright, decorated nicely, and the staff were very friendly. I was given a room on the 4th floor (as I requested to be on a higher floor) and within minutes, we were on our way up. I noticed the pool was out of order, but was not told this when I checked in. When I later inquired, I was told it would be ready the next day, but it remained out of service for the entire stay. This was a pretty big disappointment; most of the guests were families and the weather was in the 90's. Like many others, I was staying at the hotel and going to Kings Dominion for the weekend. A pool would have been nice, especially after walking around all day.
When I got to my room, I noticed one phone was not working at all, and there were three towels in the room...not enough for a suite, and a party of four. I also noticed that the door would not latch , but the lock worked. Every time you tried to latch the locked door, the door would literally move off the hinges. I stopped that quickly, fearing I would damage the door.
I called to the desk, and reported the door, the broken phone (one still worked in the room), and asked for additional towels. The same polite person who checked me in took note of the problems (she said) and asked if I could send someone to the desk to get the towels, which I did. Apparently, they were "short staffed".
The room itself was spotless, smelled fresh and clean, and the beds were wonderful. Everyone slept well, and we enjoyed breakfast the next morning before heading out to the park.
Just to be safe, I mentioned again on my way out that the phone needed to be replaced (I wanted to be sure I reported it again, to avoid any issues), and asked for enough towels for four people. This time, I was told that the hotel was running low on towels, so "we will try to give you four, but no promises." REALLY??? A room that sleeps 6 can only have 3 towels? Good thing there were 4 of us.
When I came back that night, the room had been serviced, there were 4 towels, but the phone and door were the same way I discovered them. AND, the pool was still out of service. Luckily, we were tired enough not to care.
The next morning, I mentioned some of this at checkout. The phone and door complaints fell on deaf ears, and I was told the pool would be ready (hopefully) later in the day, and it was delayed because "the boss" had to approve the work before the contractor could get started. Did me no good, I was leaving.
I absolutely hate to leave this "poor" rating, because the hotel itself was spotless, the staff were great, but something was lacking in the way of service. I hope the other rooms were in better shape than mine.

Room Tip: stay away from 418...noisy, near the elevator
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Yankred

Thank you for your feedback and comments on your stay. I apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. If you would like to discuss your concerns with me directly, please contact the hotel at 804-266-9403.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at this SpringHill Suites for a Saturday overnight. We arrived before the designated check in, but they still allowed us to check in.

PROS:
Rooms and entire hotel are very clean
Great convenient to I-64, I-95, movies, Dave & Buster's, the mall. There's a small shopping center right across the street
Staff are very pleasant, helpful and professional - especially Ann!!!

CONS:
In our studio room, we had a sofabed. Once the sofabed was open, it was next to impossible to maneuver around it due to space. My husband, who is average size but not skinny, had to slightly lift the bed up to get to the wet bar area or to the door.

The pool area was ok - the hot tub jets were not working at full strength, almost like someone was underwater with a straw blowing bubbles. The floor remained soaked with water - almost like there was a leak somewhere.

The continental breakfast offered a variety of foods, but the area is SMALL! There has to be a way to better manage guests during this time. One suggestion could be to extend the breakfast hours. It was almost elbow to elbow when trying to get food and leave the area. We ended up eating in our room.

If you don't care about breakfast and don't need to use the sofabed in the studio unit, this is a great hotel! Otherwise, get a larger suite and either go to breakfast area before the rush or eat out.

Room Tip: If you need use of a sofabed, stay away from booking a studio.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LaIslaBonitaNC

Thank you for your feedback and comments on your stay. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the inconveniences with the sofa bed placement. If you would like to speak to the hotel directly, please contact us at 804-266-9403.
We are looking forward to accomodate you during your future travels to the area.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on a drive down to a wedding in North Carolina. We weren't looking for any over-the-top amenities, just a clean place to stay, and have come to rely on Marriott to provide this. Check in was quick, and our room was clean and comofrtable - nothing crazy over the top, so it fit in very nicely with what we needed. The only negative for me was the lack of wi-fi in the room, and having to go to the lobby to access the internet, especially since I was in the process of buying a house and constantly swapping e-mails and docuemntation with my loan officer. This was inconvenient, and somewhat surprising, since this hotel appears to be loacted near several corporate parks. Other than that, though, I have no complaints. The hotel is conveniently located to nearby reastaurants further north on U.S. Route 1. I would stay here again if it were just my wife and I, but if I needed the wi-fi access, I probably would consider other hotels first.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
RICSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your stay. i apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. Our hotel now offers complimentary wireless internet throughout the hotel- including the guest rooms! I hope that on your next trip to Richmond you will consider our hotel. Please contact the hotel if i can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here for two nights to visit Kings Dominion. This is a very nice hotel and is an excellent value for the price. Our room was very clean. The whole hotel is clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. THEY DO HAVE WIFI in the rooms, ask at front desk if you cannot figure out how to access it. A great variety of food for breakfast, I would only ask for a few more tables and chairs, as it is crowded during the summer months. Same for the indoor pool, a bit small and is crowded during the busy travel season I assume.

Hotel is 10-15 minutes away from Kings Dominion (depending on how fast you drive).

We had an excellent stay, would definitely come back again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that we were able to accomodate you and your family during your visit to King's Dominion.
Looking forward to house you during your future travels to the area.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding. The staff were very helpful in getting as many of the wedding guests grouped together as possible. They were very friendly at the front desk and when we requested additional towels from housekeeping, they arrived within minutes. The rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. I thought the beds were a little soft, and the pull out couch was awful, but you can't expect too much from them. My big complaint was that there was no wi-fi in the rooms. We could get it in the lobby, but that was a pain. We also couldn't access most of the cable channels. All the digital channels were down or not subscribed to. There is a free breakfast which was fine, nothing gourmet, but enough to fill you up.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
RICSH, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. I will be sure to share with the staff how their efforts to make the wedding guests comfortable were a success. I also want to share that as of today, our hotel now offers complimentary wireless internet throughout the hotel- including the guest rooms! I hope that on your next trip to Richmond you will consider our hotel.”

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We recently stayed at the Springhill Suites for a trip to Kings Dominion. We booked a package that included park tickets. With the park about 10 minutes away, this hotel is a good choice, however there are quite a few properties that are much closer. After spending all day in the park a shorter trip to the hotel would have been nice. That being said, the check in at 10:30pm was smooth and we were pleasantly surprised by the accomodations. The room was very clean and the beds were awesome. We didn't get up in time for the breakfast so I can't comment on that. Overall, a very nice experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff. I also want to share that as of today, our hotel now offers complimentary wireless internet throughout the hotel- including the guest rooms! I hope that on your next trip to Richmond you will consider our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Courtyard Richmond North/Glen Allen
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center
Virginia Crossings Hotel & Conference Center, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
SpringHill Suites Richmond Northwest

Been to SpringHill Suites Richmond Virginia Center? Share your experiences!