Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Big Stone Gap, Virginia
“Bed tooo hard.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

The room was clean and quiet. Staff friendly. I cant rate the experience very high because the bed was way too hard for my taste . The pillows, though plentiful were also uncomfortable. I had considered using this hotel for a long say as my husband may be relocating to the area, due to a job change, but could not consider it now that I know how uncomfortable the beds are.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the hotel’s bed is pillows is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I will review the room you were in to upgrade the pillows and look to flip the mattress to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, we are pleased that we provided you with a clean room and great guest service.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at cox@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed December 17, 2013

A one day stay I wished had been longer. we had a smoking room with our pet. the front desk service was awesome , very polite , and the room was beautiful.a sitting room and kitchen. will stay again soon !!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for posting such a radiant review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel. Our front office staff was happy to receive such great compliments. I am glad that you found your suite clean and comfortable.

Glen Allen, Virginia
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Like many other posters here, my stays have been positive each time with a very clean, quiet room with a comfortable bed. There is free Wi-Fi and extended cable as well as fax and photocopy services at no extra charge. The price is more than reasonable and the location is perfect, in walking distance to supermarkets, restaurants, shops, etc. There is a fully functional fitness center and swimming pool. Best of all are the unwaveringly helpful and amiable staff and manager -- thank you Tanisha, Tamara, Vi, Ms. Susan, David, etc.

Room Tip: I've always stayed on the first floor in an end unit that is sunny and close to the exit door an...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank humphreycamel
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I am new to this area I came to the Extended Stay to see there rooms and to get a feel of the area and I must say that I love it. I have a son that will be attending school next year so I am looking to get settled in the Short Pump area, so I will be needing a place to stay until I am able to find my home. I walked in and meet a young lady by the name of Dedra and she was absolutely by far one of the sweetest young ladies that I have come across in a very long time. She took me on a tour of the property and showed me a suite and a room with two beds I love the set up and I will be more than likely to check into this hotel for about a month or so. I would just like to say that the young lady that helped me needs to be recognized for the professionalism and her kindness.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Ced - I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such delightful comments about Deedra. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service she provided along with the rest of our staff, and the set-up of our rooms. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!
ruchmond
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I checked in couple days ago and the experience was absolutely wonderful.. clean rooms and very quiet and comfortable place to stay ..the costumer service was the best i have ever experienced the desk clerk name deedrea was very experienced very sweet you would think shes a manager she made my stay very comfortable im definitely coming back here again!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am very proud of Deedra for taking such great care of you. Our whole staff strives to always provide the best customer service.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I enjoy staying at this particular location because it is convenient to many things. The person who checked us in, Deedrea, was very kind and explained everything perfectly. When we got to our room we realized that we forgot toothpaste so when we went back to see if they offered complimentary toothpaste she gave us some and popcorn too! She definitely made us feel comfortable with staying here.

• Stayed November 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Close to all the things we planned to do in Short Pump/Glen Allen area. The room was great and we had access to kitchen and then they had snack room, laundry facility. Breakfast was a grab to go, which was nice with hot cereals,fruit,coffee and tea. Shopping areas were all around and then you can visit area attractions which were close too. After we get to a hotel we like for most or all attractions to not be a long trip from our room. Rest is what is important after any drive. Everyone should love this hotel if you have a problem the office will try to make it right. Loved our time so much we are returning in just a couple of weeks.

Room Tip: Overall the whole hotel area of rooms look to be good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family