Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64
Ranked #21 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was in town on business and stayed at the homestead inn. The room was just as I expected, roomy with full kitchenette. It's not the Candlewood, but for the price I pay it has everything I need. I can keep and cook my own food in the fully furnished kitchen. I was able to get a good night's rest throughout the week I was there with no problems. Great location with everything from restaurants to movie theaters within a few minutes away. Very pleasedc

Room Tip: Check for online coupons and save some $$$
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Reviewed November 22, 2012

first off, the hotel is NOT on broad street, its on Cox about 1/2 a block off the main road. The room was very small and cramped. It was clean though. I couldnt re-arrange the shelves in the fridge because the door wouldn't open far enough to allow the shelves to come out. The kitchen table is the desk. The laundry was 2 bucks a wash and 2 bucks to dry ( and kinda funky at that). Outdoor entry to all the rooms. The staff was kind and helpful. Close to some stores for needed supplies. My buddy was at a candlewood acroos the interstate and his room was less than mine and a lot biggger. with free laundry.I almost checked into that hotel, but got marching orders before I made that move. Big Al's sports bar was across Cox road and thats a good place for dinner.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Whether you need a place for one night or like myself, stayed close to 2 months. The rooms are very clean, slept better than my own bed. The whole staff are friendly and professional. Dean is the General manager, made life easier with a very doable weekly rate. Nicole Bibbs is the Assistant GM, love her: very accomodating and personality plus. Saved the best for last, Becky is the morning front desk staff: Friendly, whatever you need, she does it with a smile. I used to be a Flight Attendant, so believe me I know about HOTELS!! Your in good hands with Homestead...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have to say one of the most accommodating places I have stayed.
Everyone from Management, house keeping and maintenance friendly and if they can do it its done.
Friendly, and professional. This facility appears to be going through remodel. which the improvements are adding to the value.

Room Tip: Rooms are going through remodel it appears to me. I had an extended stay and would return without qu...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Owner at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Absolutely FILTHY room! The room had sticky walls, a dirty tub, cigarette ashes between the bed and nightstand, cigarette stench (we asked for a non-smoking room), dirty carpet, old/outdated furniture.

My husband and I checked OUT at 10:30 p.m. after we saw a small bug (a bed bug possibly) crawling up the side of our bed.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle7497
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down. In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence in terms of the smell and cleanliness.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place is nasty and dirty. The staff was nice enough but what really matters are the rooms and the one I had was disgusting and dirty. It's outdated and bedding and so fourth had stains and cigarette burns. The toilet and bathtub were dirty as well. We literally spent an hour there and left to stay elsewhere because the little time we spent there we were bitten by unseen bugs. My daughter was covered in bites. Also, there were a lot of little kids just hanging out in the parking lot unsupervised. STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of your experience. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). Thank you.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Not only was the room filthy, the beds awful, and the smell intolerable, but I forgot my personal belongings and was told they weren't there. In addition, I was overcharged on my credit card and am having a hard time getting it straight with them. When I got home I realized I had forgotten my phone and iPad chargers plugged into the wall. I called IMMEDIATELY and was told they would check and call back. They never called back so I went to the property in person. SURPRISE, they had never checked and when they asked housekeeping they said they weren't there. I asked about the next guest and they said he was a regular and he didn't see them. DO NOT GO HERE....You will regret your decision! That is unless you don't mind the dirt, stench and horrible beds.

Room Tip: Rooms are all bad.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Richmond - Innsbrook. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
#19 of 23 in Glen Allen
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
Comfort Suites Innsbrook
#17 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64? Share your experiences!