“Calories included for some entrees”
Review of Mimis Cafe - CLOSED

Mimis Cafe
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Midlothian, Virginia
“Calories included for some entrees”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Made reservations for 10 at last minute on Friday and then called to change the time. No problem. And when 14 came we were accommodated . Our server was Wendy and she was most efficient. My grilled salmon with a lemon caper sauce was excellent as were the sides of mashed potatoes and broccoli which I requested not be in butter. I liked that there was a "fit" section. But there were lots of excellent choices.

• Visited April 2013

Richmond, Virginia
“uniques and healthy”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

the menu was different from other places and reasonable the food was fresh and full of flavor...a good selection the atmosphere is bright and clean and very comfortable

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Li S
Richmond, Virginia
“Mimi's Cafe - What a find!!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just across the street from Short Pump Town Center Mall. A quaint chalet looking building with some of the BEST surprises inside!! Everything from sandwiches, soups, some of the best Italian dishes and more. It was hard for me to choose just what I wanted. Rachel was a fantastic waitress and went above & beyond for our first visit. Don't just fly by this restaurant looking at the mall....look for Mimi's!! You won't be sorry and we WILL be back SOON!!!!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Christy K
Lebanon, PA
“Tres Bien! Awesome breakfast spot”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were in Richmond for an overnight stop on a 4-day road trip and I wanted a "local" place for breakfast. Mimi's was very conveniently located and it looked interesting. It wants to be a French cafe and is clearly inspired - very cute decor - but upon entering it's disappointing to see the bar as soon as you walk in (and the sticky-sweet smell that goes with it) - but that's the only disappointment. Service was excellent - when I asked for decaf the server said he was brewing a fresh pot. My 16-year old son had to try their signature caramel brioche French toast - several times he stopped eating to say "This is REALLY good". It was a lot of food too - came with 2 eggs and bacon (which he declared perfectly cooked). I am on a special diet so I asked for scrambled eggs without milk - the server immediately asked me if I could have the toast (I can't) and subbed fresh fruit without charging me for it. The place is clean, I love the French paintings and sayings - it does not feel like a "chain" restaurant, and everything was very nice with excellent service. The service (along with the nice food) is really what made this a 5-bubble visit. I would go back if I were in the area!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mouseturtle
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
“Great Casual Restaurant - Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

You can get great variety of food here and many dishes with a French style to it. The servers are great and the prices are reasonable. Give it a try, you'll like it. They have breakfast too!

• Visited January 2013