“Quiet, clean and comfortable”

Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Dunedin, Florida
“Quiet, clean and comfortable”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Even though we had a room facing the parking lot, our room was so quiet we never heard a thing. It was beautifully decorated, comfortable and clean. Everything was fresh which matters when you have allergies. We slept like babies. The breakfast was hot, plentiful and well attended. Hot coffee and juice were available round the clock. Good start to the day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank achrisfox
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate all feedback. We are happy to hear that you slept well and we will pass your comments regarding the cleanliness to our housekeeping staff. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Logan, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Good experience for the most part, microwave missing and the shelve that it set on was dirty from some sort of liquid. Room very clean, personnel very friendly and helpful. Lock your vehicle, the neighborhood very iffy!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate all feedback. We apologize that it seems that an amenity was missing from your room; we are using the information to make sure the amenities we offer are available for all guests. We are proud of our location in Glen Allen and we work hard to provide a clean safe environment for all of our guests. Thank you again for your comments. If your travels bring you back to Glen Allen we look forward to seeing you again.
upstate NY, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Clean, comfortable beds and rooms.Staff was efficient and very nice. Wi-fi worked great. Walking distance to local diner.Waffle machine broken. Sausage gravy hot and tasty , but biscuits tough and hard. Should have been in with all the other breads and muffins. Hot water dispenser broken, so oatmeal was lukewarm.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate all feedback. We are pleased to hear that you found your room clean and bed comfortable. We are reviewing the comments that you made regarding the breakfast room amenities. Our strive to provide breakfast food of the highest quality and to hear your comments is a bit unsettling. We are currently reviewing our product offerings to ensure that all future guests do not have a similar experience. Thank you again for your comments. If your travels bring you back to Glen Allen we look forward to seeing you again.
TRENTON
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel chain has been consistant. I always look for them first on any trip and find they are located in almost all areas that I have been traveling to. Just booked them for out trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate all feedback. We are proud to be part of the Best Western chain and are pleased to hear that you find us consistent with experiences at other Best Western hotels. Thank you again for your comments. If your travels bring you back to Glen Allen we look forward to seeing you again.
PA
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Keith is the man! I arrived at 1:30 am with my exhausted family after a nightmare of a 3.5 hour traffic jam around dc (my wife drove). The place was bustling with everyone trying to get a reprieve from the road. Keith was very adequately handling it with ease. He got to me and changed my room because it was close to the smoking section and didn't want my kids near that. He also took time to talk with my 4 and 5 year olds. He rustled up a pack and play and was disappointed that I came to get it before he could (even though he was extremely busy).
The room was exceptional. It was modern, clean, and well-appointed.
The next morning, Keith was still on duty and slinging breakfast to a packed house. He stopped to greet my kids as well as Shake my hand and ask how I was doing. I'm pretty sure that he is superman!
All in all, it was an above average experience made great by a very competent employee...

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate all feedback. We are certainly happy to hear the hospitality provided by Keith, we have passed the comments onto him as we work hard to ensure that all of our guests receive a similar guest experience. We are also pleased to hear that Keith took the time to interact with your entire family as again the goal is to provide a positive guest experience. We appreciate your comments. If your travels bring you back to Glen Allen we look forward to seeing you again.
atlanta, United States
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Room was spacious with 2 queen beds, firm mattress, which I like. Grounds were well lit and maintained with plenty parking. No mall close by but plenty shopping and restaurants within 5 minutes drive. Surrounding area a bit old and run down but felt safe in hotel.Breakfast was very good for this hotel category.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, we appreciate all feedback. We are pleased to hear that you found your bed comfortable. We strive to provide a safe environment for all of our guests and are glad to see you write that you felt safe. Thank you again for your comments. If your travels bring you back to Glen Allen we look forward to seeing you again.
Gaithersburg
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have been here since the 23rd and I have to say I am super impressed. Best Westerns have been hit or miss for me, and this one was a hit! It's on the outskirts of Richmond, but a short drive into the city (it took me about 20 minutes during rush hour) and was convenient to the business that I was training with. The sitting area of the lobby is kind of small, but comfortable, and the colors are great! Love the turquoise! The breakfast area is pretty big with enough room between tables that you don't run into them. The room looks pretty new and the hallways smell like new carpet. The walls of the room are turquoise, which is a nice change from plain white or cream. The bathroom is big and updated. The only problem I found was a little mold (I think) along the creases in the bathtub. I have 2 queens which is nice because I hate putting my luggage on the ground. There's a closet with an iron and ironing board (which I haven't used because I don't iron. Anything) The TV is big and there's a fair number of TV channels. I would have given this hotel 4 stars for comfort and cleanliness but the staff get the extra star. The woman at the front desk (Karen, I think) is great. I found out that I have to come back for more training and asked her what the rates would be. She took tons of time trying to find the rates. She also always has a smile, even though she's working the overnight shift. The guy at the front desk in the morning is fantastic too! He always has something nice to say, and is always joking with me. I love it here!! The only thing is that there isn't any bacon at breakfast. Hopefully they'll fix that tomorrow... MMMM Bacon...

Room Tip: There is a McDonalds close by, as well as a WaWa, Walmart, and a few other restaurants. You DO need...