“Ok hotel but nothing to write home about.”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Glen Allen Inn
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Mappsville, Virginia
“Ok hotel but nothing to write home about.”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Clean hotel but nothing else special about it. Swimming pool is on the eastern side of the building, so afternoon it's in full shade. Made for a very cool and breezy swim.
Walls in the rooms are very thin, I was woken up at 12:00AM by the room next door. I called the front desk and it was taken care of quickly.
Woke up to a shower with water barely coming out but it did the job. One of the two beds was worn and had a valley in it.
Breakfast, not much to praise, the waffle makers were not working well and the only hot part of the meal was biscuits and gravy. They apparently are short staffed, the desk clerk was running the breakfast area too and the breakfast really suffered, especially the coffee.

Room Tip: Third floor is mixed for smokers and non smokers. Wells are thin so bring ear plugs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Craigmilese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Norton
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I will never stay at this hotel again! When I arrived in the room I noticed there were no cups in the room, no plastic bag for the ice container. I only had one towel and one wash cloth. The furniture and room was dirty. I went down to the front desk and asked for another towel and was told she would have to wash some and she would bring it up to me. Within a few minutes after returning to my room the front desk called and advised she had my towel I could come and get it. When I returned to my room the key did not work. After two trips back to the front desk I was able to get in my room. The employees are not helpful and rude check out was about as "warming" as checking in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank southwest_gypsy
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed April 17, 2012

While not the most convenient location for my purposes, there was nothing wrong with the room. Staff at check in and out were friendly and effecient. Room was comfortable, clean. Towels were nice and fluffy.

The only drawback I found was the smell of cigarette smoke in the hall way. Most of the rooms I saw were marked as non-smoking. I couldn't smell it in the room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Selma, Alabama
Reviewed March 27, 2012

best part..... hall entry so felt safe, and soft bed....now the lashing....... unprofessional staff, not the decor I expected from a bwplus. the towels were very bad, they felt like sandpaper. Had a very hard time checking out, I would advise you to look at other hotels in the area if possible. buisness cent only open til 10! I paid for the room I should be able to use it when I want.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank chase s
Monkton, MD
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on January 30 while our son was receiving medical treatment at VCU. We had originally booked the hotel for 2 nights, but only stayed one night. Everything looks nice for a hotel of this class, but there are quite a few problems that need to be addressed. When we entered the bathroom, I noticed that there was no shower curtain. The friendly young lady at the front desk immediately took care of the problem and informed me that it had just been washed. I thought that was wonderful until I noticed all the red splotches on the bathroom wall under the sink afterward. Obviously, someone had cut themselves, but they didn't bother to clean up the rest of the blood. The ceiling light fixture in our room had no cover. While it's nice to know that they use energy efficient lights, I don't really want to look at them. There was not a comfortable chair to sit in and my husband needed a good chair for his back. The breakfast in the morning was very standard, all carbs but no protein. We went to McDonald's for an Egg McMuffin. We later checked into the Country Inn and Suites on Broad St. and had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank teritique
Sunapee NH
Reviewed February 20, 2012

bit off the interstate - room was clean, comfortable. Front desk was efficient and helpful. Resturants were quite a ways away. would stop here again

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stopped here for one night on the way to Virginia Beach and we were very pleased. The room was very clean and updated. The tvs were nice and the beds were comfortable. It was very quiet and peaceful. The front desk was very friendly and the breakfast the next morning was pretty good. A nice start to our long vacation and we will def stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Virginia Center
Days Inn Glen Allen
Days Inn Glen Allen
#20 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Glen Allen Inn? Share your experiences!