“Excellent choice and value”

Aloft Richmond West
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Wexford, Pennsylvania
“Excellent choice and value”
Reviewed June 17, 2010

We traveled to Richmond for the high school graduation of my wife's younger cousin. We found Aloft on a price-seeking website, but ended up using our AAA membership. The price for the night was great. The location of the hotel is in a very new strip of businesses, apartments/condos, and malls just outside Richmond, VA.

The hotel has its own free parking garage, as well as a pool, a small but well equipped exercise room, free wireless internet, and complimentary billiards table in the lobby. The decor strives for a hip, modern sense, and while I'm generally not a fan of this motif, Aloft makes it work.

Our room was large, with a 40" or so flat screen plasma, iPod dock, very nice bedding, and a large work desk. The room also featured a microfridge and safe at no additional cost. The bathroom was shower-only, however was also excellent.

The hotel staff was exceptionally helpful and pleasant, even at the late hour of our arrival. Every member of the staff was friendly, patient, and eager to please. The professionalism of the staff is definitely one of the highlights of our stay.

We would recommend Aloft to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced hotel that offers a wide array of amenities and an excellent all-around time in the Glen Allen, VA area. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
gmaloft, General Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, June 22, 2010
Thank you so very much for your kind words. I am very glad that you enjoyed your time with us here in Richmond. Myself and all of the staff look forward to your return.

-Carl Barnes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 11, 2010

I've stayed at some pretty lame hotels before, but nothing compares to this place. It's pretty trendy and the design of the place is actually kind of hip. But apparently that gives the front desk staff reason to behave like spoiled brats, and show absolutely no sign of understanding what customer service means. My complaints are as follows: No air conditioning in lobby or workout room first two days. No hot water for showers entire six night stay. Mistakes made on charges at end of stay, no help working directly with front desk/accounting dept. Finally had to make formal dispute with my credit card. Rude, VERY rude front desk.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank kim32655
I can not apologize enough for the adverse conditions you faced during your experience with us. Be assured that your comments have been shared with the staff. I do trust that the billing issues have been rectified. If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to help make us a better place to stay.

Virginia
Reviewed April 27, 2010

This is a really nice hotel in a really nice location. The room is clean and hotel has plenty of parking and it is close to a mall and plenty of shops.
The only drawback is their so called complimentary breakfast which consists of some packaged sweets which you buy using the $6 card they give you. It is awful.
The front desk is also in need of some attitude adjustment. The staff is very cold and unwelcoming. No smile or even a little friendly chat.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Shangool
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to communicate the details of your stay with us. We have been aggresively monitoring guest comments and taking action accordingly. We have been expanding our re:fuel (breakfast) selection and have welcomed to the team two brand new desk agents. I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations in some areas but be assured your comments were heard and improvements have been made.

Wisconsin
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Traveled with two teenage girls, my niece and her friend. They said the hotel was "awesome". Got a great rate through Priceline. Did only get a king size bed and could have used two queens. The hotel said they did not have that available. It didn't seem overly crowded that evening but we made due. One of the girls slept on a bench. They really enjoyed the pool. The hotel was hard to find because the location did not show up on the GPS (as a previous review mentioned). A little frustrating calling the 800# to actually get a real person for directions. It is in a very nice new neighborhood. The parking ramp is not completed yet. Very limited parking outside in a really, really pot-hole full lot. Did offer free parking available in the ramp across the street which was inconvenient but well lit. Safe neighborhood. No breakfast. They had some snacks available but high priced. There was a really nice whole foods store (can't remember the name of it) only a couple blocks away. Didn't use any internet services. My niece lost an IPod charger and we went back a couple days later to see if they found it. They said they would call if they did and never called so presume they didn't find it. Manager was helpful in looking though. Would stay again with a good deal.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your kind remarks. As we are in a brand new development getting our place "on the map" has been a central focus. For all others reading this review please consider using the address (11173 W. Broad St., Glen Allen VA.) as an alternate. We have also increased our signage in the immediate area as well. Again, thank you for your comments.

Looking forward to your your return,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2010

This hotel is amazing! I have stayed at other Alofts and this one is by far superior in many ways. The staff is what makes this hotel the best. The only bad thing I can list about this hotel is something the staff has no control over and that is the internet. It disconnects alot and acts up. Most of the time its seriously slow. Thankfully I travel with my iPhone and used it most of the time.

I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel for a few weeks and the ENTIRE staff is amazing. They certainly went out of their way to make sure my stay was a pleasure.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Coatesville, PA
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I stayed at the Aloft near Chicago O'Hare loved it so when I had the chance to stay there again, I jumped right on it. Hotel was great, the room was great. Unfortuneately, I had a lot of work this time so I couldn't enjoy the features of the hotel (ie the XYZ bar). The only downsides of the hotel was that it is so new that it is hard to find on the GPS or mapquest, and the bed was a little bit too firm.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 22, 2010

The hotel is new and very chic. The loft style rooms remind me of a trendy college dormitory or cruise ship cabin. It's nicely decorated, but not a very personal space. I would recommend for a younger crowd seeking a fun atmosphere. This brand will not likely appeal to a more "seasoned" traveler looking for comfort or added amenities. I would have rated this hotel a four, but the parking is terrible. The parking consists of a gravel lot riddled with pot holes and an inadequate number of spaces. I was left to park on the street. Not a bad hotel, but for me and my partner, it definitely left a few things to be desired.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
#1 of 23 in Glen Allen
Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump

Been to Aloft Richmond West? Share your experiences!