“Good Modern Alternative”

Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Vancouver, Canada
“Good Modern Alternative”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

aloft hotels make a good modern alternative to a Courtyard or similar chain. The one in Richmond had helpful staff and was nice and modern but the room I stayed in was a little warn around the edges. Apart from that I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Edward M, Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Aloft Richmond West. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the service you recieved. We're always working to improve the look and feel of our rooms and thank you for your feedback so we can address yours accordingly. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you have stayed at an Aloft before, then you have stayed at them all! The interior design is the same at all locations across this brand, and the rooms are identical. The walls at this location are particularly thin, as has been mentioned before in other reviews here. The best thing about the Aloft Richmond West is that it has a good location, with good restaurants and a Whole Foods grocery store in walking distance.

Overall, a good place to stay for relatively inexpensive - just don't expect many frills. In general, the quality of materials used give Alofts a cheaply constructed feel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
I'm sorry that you feel our walls are thinner than other Alofts, but I'm happy to hear that you find the same value in our Aloft Richmond West as in all other Alofts with additional value in our location. We are very proud of our location which is always getting better with the addition of new stores and restaurants every few months! Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Nice place, slightly different from normal hotels so a welcome change! Chic and trendy atmosphere, staff attentive although not overly proactive. Lifts a bit odd, need to change lifts and walk across reception to get from rooms to street. Rooms are well designed, great beds and enough space. Lots of restaurants and some shops within walking distance, good Irish bar underneath the hotel - good beers, but noisy when there is live music on. Overall a good place to stay, different from standard US hotels, good atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Edward M, Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stays at the Aloft Richmond West. I'm happy to hear that you enjoy yourself and find value in the hotel as well as the location. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I've stayed here many times over the past couple years, but last night's stay will be the last.

I want to give credit to the friendliness of the front desk staff. That is my only positive.

There was hair in my bathroom sink, and on the sheets. Ok, so it was late - I cleaned it off and got into bed. Now I know from previous experiences that the walls here are thin. Thin is an understatement... The next few hours consisted of:
Very loud woman in room next to me talking and laughing on her cell phone until 1am
Said woman then tired out around 1:30 am, and decided to blast the Weather Channel. All
Night! I heard the local forecast over and over for 4 hrs!
At 6 am, I got up, turned the light on over the bed, to hear a popping/hissing sound, and smoke
billowed out. Obviously I flipped the switch off, but curls of smoke wafted out for bout 5 more
minutes. My room (and I) now reek of an electrical fire smell.
I am disappointed that such a good concept by W Hotels was constructed so cheaply. I've given up, Aloft, and will not be back.

Room Tip: Ask for NO ONE on either side of you, or you will hear everything that do!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank JackiB0312
Edward M, Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear JackiB, thank you for being such a loyal guest and we are so sorry to lose you. Thank you for reporting the light upon your departure. Upon reading your review, I checked our tracking system and I see that the Front Desk logged it in. I have since checked the room and found that it was repaired. I'm terribly sorry to hear about the hair in your shower and have reviewed this experience with my Executive Housekeeper as well as our entire housekeeping team this morning during our stand up meeting, this is of course, unacceptable and not the standard to which we strive for. I'm also so very sorry to hear that you had such a noisy and inconsiderate neighbor during your recent stay. If you should choose to give us another chance in the future, please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more enjoyable.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This Aloft is in a mixed use neighborhood with a number of restaurants. We frequently eat at Chuy's a few minutes walk away or drive to the Short Pump Mall and eat at the many restaurants there, with the Cheesecake Factory our favorite.

Parking can be on the ground level or in the spaces reserved for the hotel in the garage.

The room's themselves are just OK, and its really the location that entices me to stay here. The standard Aloft bed is not great and the bathroom is only OK, with poor water pressure in the shower.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quitter as there is a bar associated with a restaurant on the ground floor of the...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Edward M, General Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you very much for being a loyal guest of the Aloft Richmond West. I'm happy to hear that you find value in our location and that your stay is satisfactory even though you're not completely satisfied with some amenities that come with the Aloft Brand. We hope that the service you receive from our staff and the location continue to entice you to come back. We look forward to your next stay with us soon.
Farmville, Virginia
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed at this beautiful place last night. It was very well lit. Although it was hard to get to, thanks to GPS we made it, it sure was worth it. Had a great night at dinner at Keagans. We were able to meet up with my brother-in-law to have a few drinks and dinner after hours of driving. Went back to the room and relaxed. We did have just one issue, but at check out we were asked how our stay was, and we explained. Donna, the front desk manager, was absolutely amazing and very professional, took very good care of us to accommodate. Thumbs up guys! I will certainly be returning.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Edward M, General Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of your recent stay with us here at the Aloft Richmond West. We're so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait for you to return! Please make sure you reach out to us if there is anything we can do to make your future stays even more enjoyable.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We were impressed first with the location, everything we wanted was walking distance and the local food was great the wine bar had a nice soft jazz group that played on Saturday night. The staff was very helpful most especially Erin she made our trip much more fun, as she gave us some dog friendly locations to walk and visit. We will return to this location and may well find some others for our travels, the rooms were efficient and seemed to have better sound protection than most. Our view of the main street was fun.

Room Tip: We were on the pet friendly floor, across from the pool. It was still clean and noise level very acc...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Edward M, General Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
We're so happy that you enjoyed your first stay at the Aloft Richmond West. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with our hotel, location, and staff. We're happy we could provide you everything you needed at a pet friendly location. We can't wait to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
#1 of 23 in Glen Allen
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump

Been to Aloft Richmond West? Share your experiences!