“Customer Service A+”

Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Customer Service A+”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I just like to start off saying I stay in hotel 250 nights a year. Starwood hotels have been my change of preference (from Marriott) and this experience was no different.
This is my first Aloft experience.
I called ahead to get special directions for a big truck my Dad was bringing and Antonio not only helped verify all the information but helped me Google map everything so all the info was correct.
Classy place, great staff! Thanks!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Edward M, General Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you very much for trying the Aloft Richmond West for your first Aloft Experience, and thank you also for being a loyal Starwood Guest. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and look forward to sharing your feedback with my team, specifically, Antonio. We look forward to your returning again and making the Aloft Richmond West your home away from home when you are in the Richmond Area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've stayed here several times as a frequent traveler to Richmond. The staff was friendly and the food at XYZ was good, if limited. The room was clean & comfortable, but the phone did beep and ring all night. (Not sure what was going on)
Coffee creamer was curdled - not how to start an early morning.
All said, I like the Aloft and will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Edward M, General Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Aloft Richmond West! I'm so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the staff to be friendly and hotel to be clean. This is certainly the service we always strive to provide all of our guests. I'm sorry to hear about the creamers and will have my housekeeping team replace them in all rooms today, just to be safe. All of the phones are cordless, and when left unplugged will cause them to beep once the battery starts to die. I apologize that this was the case in your room, but we look forward to you returning and I just wanted to be certain that this did not happen to you again. If there is anything we can do to make your future stays even more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to reach out to my department and speak with me. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 20, 2013

So anytime I travel I ALWAYS look for an ALOFT hotel. I was extremely dissappointed in this particular hotel.

The good:
1. The location is awesome - great walk ability to a lot of shops, dining and nightlife.
2. The front desk staff (especially James) is extremely nice.

The bad:
1. My room was really stuffy and when I tried to turn on the A/C it didn't work. I called down to the front desk and I was told "I will turn it on." It came on shortly there after and I headed to dinner. When I returned, it wasn't working so I called again and again he "turned it on." That night I awoke hot and couldn't get back to sleep.
2. The room, although looks the same as the other ALOFT hotels I have stayed in, wasn't as pristine, walls are scruffed, items aren't fresh, etc. The coffee creamer was lumpy and looked like it had been chilled and then left in the room - couldn't drink my morning coffee.
3. The toilet didn't flush, yuck! (I didn't even call that one in on the morning of my departure)
4. The bed was extremely uncomfortable.
5. The hotel common spaces aren't as clean as I am use to with this hotel.
6. The bar drinks are EXTREMELY weak - like 1/2 shot of liquor to every drink. Stick with beer.
7. There was a DJ on Friday night and the music sucked, but when we approached the DJ we were told the owner wouldn't allow any changes. Weird - why even have a DJ?
8. The grab and go section was empty - VERY empty.

Overall, i was extremly dissappointed as I have come to really enjoy this brand. It was very sad.

Room Tip: Choose a higher grade hotel in the area, this one doesn't live up to the W standard.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelingoutofNC
Edward M, General Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
I sincerely apologize for all of the challenges you experienced with us during your stay. I am happy to hear that you found the location and the staff to be nice and accommodating as that is the vibe we are going for here at the Aloft Richmond West. I am sorry to hear that you were uncomfortable in your room on the Aloft Branded Mattresses and with your room temperature at an inappropriate level. It is very difficult to maintain an appropriate room temperature at this time of year given the way the temperature outside has been going up and down, it is hard to anticipate guests needs at this time of year. I will admit that we keep all rooms set to "Heat" and "70" upon check-in, and pervious guests could have had it set higher as it had recently snowed. To my knowledge, the A/C units work in every room, but as all rooms are currently set to "Heat" it does take them a good amount of time to make an impact on the room temperature. It should not have taken all night and you should not have been uncomfortable during your stay and I apologize for this. If you could reach out to my office I would love to be able to send my engineer to the room you were in to ensure that everything is in working order. I would also like to know which room this was, as we recently had professional painters on site and painted every room that had scuff marks on the walls. This was less than one month ago and if a room was missed, I would also like to know this so it can be addressed as soon as possible.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the music that was played in the bar during your stay. While we are not a "Club" we are still trying to create a certain type of atmosphere and vibe here at the Aloft Richmond West and therefore choose to stick to a certain "style" of music, however I do understand your concerns. It has been recently discussed and moving forward we will no longer have a DJ at these events. Instead we will operate off of a play list while looking for other options such as "Live Music" to promote the "Live At Aloft" feel you get at other Aloft Properties.

Again, I apologize for all the challenges you encountered during your stay with us and hope that you will stay with us again to get a sense of the service we truly strive to provide all of our guests here at the Aloft Richmond West.
Virginia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Perfect place to stay if you want to walk around to the local businesses (shops, restaurants, and stores) in the West Broad Street VIllage area or a place to stay while visiting friends/family at the various apartments and condos. Trendy boutique style hotel. Rooms are nice (bathrooms very nicely appointed) but do not have drawers/dresser to store your clothing. There is a draped "closet" which has open spaces to place folded items and a shorter area to hang clothes, which is fine if you are not packing anything long. Overall the hotel (which is only a few years young) appears to be "worn" such as the furniture in the lobby. They have a nice bar area, which is a pleasant place to relax after checking-in. The positive aspects are its location, fitness facility and their staff. It's time for some upkeep though....looking a little worse for wear.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Edward M, General Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Aloft Richmond West. I am so very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the location; fitness facility; and staff exceeded your expectations. I am also happy to report that we are aware of some opportunities in our lobby and have already engaged a company to reupholster some of our more worn couches and chairs and well as repair some of the bases and repaint the tables. We look forward to a refreshing look to enhance the already great service provided here and we look forward to you returning soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Great hotel in a fantastic location - shops, restaurants and bars all around. The hotel is in a very quiet area. The hotel has a separate address for GPS users on its info site - this address was useful in finding the hotel. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The hotel has a very nice fitness center.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Edward M, General Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Aloft Richmond West. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the location and hotel as much as we do. I am also glad to hear that you found the alternate address for GPS useful. We are currently applying to have our location advertized on the highway with an additional sign off the highway to help even more in finding our great location. We look forward to you returning soon!
Weyers Cave, Virginia
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Cool decour, pet friendly hotel. Staff was nice. Room was cozy, bed soft, hot shower. Within walking distance to some restaurants and shops. It definitely feels different than any hotel I've stayed before. Would stay again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Edward M, General Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Aloft Richmond West. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We're proud to be a pet friendly hotel in a great location in Richmond that is convenient for all of our guests. Thank you for taking a moment to review us and talk about all the positive interactions you had with our staff and hotel. We look forward to having you back again soon!
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Spent 1 night with my family at this Aloft. Nice soft beds, very friendly staff, but the breakfast was vomitaceous. You can request one of three hot meals which turn out to be soggy microwaved sandwiches wrapped in greasy paper. Coffee comes from a machine and tastes like urine. The cereal was stale and the milk sour. I couldn't complain though, because the staff was so cheery and polite. I won't go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Edward M, General Manager at Aloft Richmond West, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for trying the Aloft Richmond West. I am very happy to hear your positive feedback about the rooms, beds, and employees. I am happy to hear that we are exceeding expectations in these areas. I do apologize for the quality of the breakfast you ordered. First let me apologize for the taste and assure you that this is not the standard that we strive for here at the Aloft. This will certainly be a discussion we will be having this week to address if it was an isolated incident or not, as I personally love our coffee. In addition, I apologize for the limited menu, however we are very excited to announce that we have new equipment arriving at the end of this very week that will allow us to expand our menu very very soon! I hope you will come back as you seemed to enjoy the hotel, knowing that the breakfast will be expanding and improving.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Allen
Hampton Inn Richmond-West
#1 of 23 in Glen Allen
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Innsbrook
Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump

Been to Aloft Richmond West? Share your experiences!